Monday, June 27, 2011

Week 18, Day 4 - I put the donut BACK...! (and weekly weigh-in)

Yes, I sure did! And I am so proud of myself!!! (read on for more of that...)

Yesterday was a delightful day - although I was pretty tired at the end, I went to sleep at 9pm! I ran a 10k, big long run for me, then came home and had about 20 minutes to eat watermelon while catching up on blogs, then DH left with Rachel for the fundraiser, and my SIL brought over her 1 year old and 3 year old to stay for about an hour. The baby kept me on my toes, he wanted to be held alot (he's heavier than Harmony who is a year older!!), but awww such a cutie!!! We enjoyed having him VERY much...Harmony kept following him around and talking about the baby. So cute.

With the addition of the baby, I wasn't able to do much - the house needed a facelift in a really bad way - 3 big jobs. Dishes, laundry, and vacuum. All three, BIG jobs, backed up from the day before. I finally finished making lunch (1,2,3,4,5,6,7 plates - I had half a tortilla with meat/cheese/lettuce/tomato and STOPPED there, I was so proud of myself!! It was yummy...) was about to start on the housecleaning (I hadn't taken a shower yet) when I got a call from Rachel - "I need to be picked up at 1pm..."

I jumped in the shower, said hi-bye to Bret who came home a little before that, and made sure to include 2 32-oz of green smoothie that needed used up, as well as a baggy of my fave grapes from costco. Picked her up, delivered her to Grandma's house to spend the night, then I went clothes shopping - woooot!!

That was super fun; I'm getting more used to how I look now, more used to the fact that I wear a size 6-8 in most clothes. I had specifically family week at Macleay in mind, just 2 weeks away - I don't have many skirts to wear, and with a meeting every night I don't want to have to wear the same one every night, or have to dress up every night wearing my fancy one either. I found some really nice clothes at my favorite frugal store - Goodwill! LOVE that store. I had a $10 off coupon and a 5% off card and ended up spending $66 total and that includes 3 pairs of shoes for the boys. Always needing shoes or sandals, those three! I found a really nice pair of Dr. Martens for either James or Isaac for $15, those are good quality shoes that hopefully won't fall apart.

My tummy is in a weird place. I do have some maternity shirts I bought quite a while ago, but they are just too big in the tummy. They are for a 6 month along person, probably..and when I wear them, it just looks like I am trying to wear an oversized tshirt and hide a flabby midsection or something. I like the more fitted look, but there just isn't much out there for a just-starting-to-bloom tummy. So I scoured the regular tshirts looking for maybe size Large so they'd have more room.

I really enjoy shopping when I have no timeframe to be back home - otherwise I stress. So it was super nice, I came home so refreshed! I also stopped by Baja Fresh and got takeout for DH & I for dinner - our favorite, a huge plate of veggie fajitas for $4.99. Love that place! This time, I ordered no rice (it's fried), no sour cream, corn tortillas instead of flour, and no cheese. It wasn't the same as nachos, but it was wayyyy healthier for sure. I asked them to add extra veggies. Yum! I did eat the little baggy of chips they include, so it wasn't perfect, but it hit the spot and I ate it in the car by myself, while reading a good book with the air conditioner on. Aaaah! Super nice.

DH wanted me to pick up motor oil at the store and I also needed cereal for the kids' dinner. (Yeah, weekends are more relaxed...lol!) They had THOSE donuts, and tons of them, the ones with cream cheese and chocolate drizzled in a zig-zag. I calmly walked over and put one in a bag, and proceeded to go get the cereal. After the fajitas I felt like something sweet, you know? And my FAVE is to eat a donut by myself in the car (no kids crying; it turns my stomach into a LUMP when I'm eating) .... it just sounded delightful. But then while I was walking around the store, I realized that I didn't really want it - I mean I did, but I wasn't hungry OR really WANTING it, I just knew it would be yummy. So, I put it back. I'll wait until I am really really REALLY craving it or just a better time.

Bonus: this morning I was at the same weight! At this point in the game, that is a good thing...and I probably would have been up if I'd have eaten that donut!

Came home to the house exactly how I left it - Bret was working outside on the yard the whole time I was gone - mowing, edging, pressure washing, moving the trampoline.

Oh, my. Everyone started crying and fussing as soon as I walked in the door! I could see them, too, as I drove up - happily playing in the yard on their bikes. HAPPILY. But as you know, when Mom steps in, all of a sudden they remember all the things they were sad about the whole day and it all melts together somehow. I was thankful for the relaxing and restful/rejuvenating day I had, as I was all ready to tackle the issues and problems they had. Someday I know I'll look back at my former self and remember those days when they were all crying at me at once, and hitting the other because they wanted to talk to me and it was THEIR TURN. And how it would just make me dizzy and overwhelmed trying to ascertain who needed me most, for what, and how to make them settle down. I'm thankful for the meeting I listened to on my way home, as it put me in the right mood for sure.

So kicked it into gear even though I was really exhausted from being on my feet for 4 hours shopping, lol. I tidied the house, then vacuumed every square inch except for the bedrooms (we are all carpet except the small entry-way and small kitchen), then swept the hard floors. Bret was SOOOOO kind to clean up the entire kitchen for me - it was gleaming when he was done.

Then, I collapsed in my bed after putting the littles to bed. Read more book, then turned off the light after praying with Isaac(8) just as it got dark.

This morning, GREAT workout - just 25 minutes long, Fit Yummy Mummy August workout. I woke up before any of the kids were up, and it was really nice. Worked up a good sweat, felt the burn, short but sweet. I only did the workout 2x, it's supposed to be 2-4 (so I usually do 3x) but I figure if I can stick with this 3x per week, and not dread it because it's too long, then it's MUCH better than just skipping workouts here & there.

Tomorrow is my midwife appointment, yay!

Weigh in for this week:

Week 5: 127
Week 8: 133
Week 9: 130
Week 10: 133
Week 11: 133
Week 12: 136
Week 13: 138
Week 14: 138
Week 15: 139
Week 16: 140
Week 17: 141
Week 18: 141

2 comments:

  1. wow lots of detail here! I love that about this blog...not just diet and exercise but a peek into your life:) And boy I can relate!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had such a great Sunday! I am getting so excited to meet this new little one! I always wondered if my mom had another baby what it would be like...and so I wonder about one more Taylor baby and I totally get to see.

    ReplyDelete