Saturday, June 4, 2011

Week 15, Day 2 - FIVE WEEKS TIL D-DAY

Exactly 5 weeks from today, I will be packing up my family and moving into our church conference center for a WHOLE WEEK! Yippeee! We wait a whole year to do this during the summer and the kids love it sooo much! I do too. =)

The reason why it's D-day? Cuz, my friends, there is a huge pool there and that is pretty much THE happenin place all day, every day! Usually we spend a minimum of 3 hours at the pool. For 7 days straight.

Know what that means?

Uh-huh. Swimming suit time. As in, bare all. Okay, well, almost all. And that is a huge motivation for me because --- last summer I loved the way I looked in a bathing suit. For like, the first time EVER. Since I got married.

Now, not so much - especially when compared to last summer, oh.my.word! The frustrating part of it to ME is that I had everything lined up to be in even better shape this summer --- it was going to be such a blast to feel good AGAIN!

Ha! But that's ok, this little itty baby is SO WORTH IT - plus, what's one more summer? Next summer will be my "it" summer again, hopefully. =)

But in the meantime....

Ladies and gents, wake up call this morning. I weighed in at a whopping record breaking 141 pounds. The past week I have been struggling and pretty much not winning in the food department - ouchie ouch. Yesterday I had pizza, cheetos, licorice - RED VINES Jen, I hear you!!!!

ALSO - the weather, it's been so hard on me not seeing the beautiful summer days I've been waiting for, for so so long! We've had rain upon rain upon RAIN here, just a glimpse of a warm day here and there, then loooong stretches of rain, cold days. I always get way more motivated on nice days and have been counting on that, bleh.

So today, though, I am picking myself up by my bootstraps and going forward with a renewed frame of mind. I don't feel like it, I'm not super excited and raring to go, but I am going to FORCE myself into submission here.

No matter WHAT the weather.

I absolutely have to. I am feeling miserable - my clothes are getting tighter, even my SHOES were tighter this morning, for crying out loud! Water retention, blah blah blah.

Right now I am quite proud of myself - it is 6:30 on a Saturday MORNING and I am preparing to go outside in this glorious summer weather we're having, to run a 5k. It's been a whole week since I ran a 5k! Ouch.

My plan is to just make this routine - just get up early and go running. If I don't get up early, I inevitably end up 1)too tired at the end of the day 2)too sick 3)something comes up with the kids like Rachel doesn't want to babysit 4)the kids are needing me...

And also, I really have been dreading in a sense, the unstructure of summer days. I mean, loving the thought, but when I get the OPTION to sleep in and let the kids just do their thing for as long as I can, everything seems to kind of fall apart because its really really hard to make myself get up!

But if I plan on waking up at 7am, and be back AND showered and ready to start the day by 8:15 - that'll be really, really nice. Get my "chores" done early while it's not too hot, then go to the school for free lunch for the kids, take naps, etc. We'll see how it goes, but bottom line - I HAVE to keep running. 5x a week at least. Otherwise I am going to end up that huge uncomfortable pregnant person that I am really not wanting to see EVER. AGAIN.

I'm off to run, then get back & shower real quick, go hit some garage sales (by myself --- woohoo!!!), back at 9am to get the kids ready for activity club. Send them off by 9:30, then pack the 3 littles in the car for more garage sales...fun, fun, fun.

My sister had her baby yesterday, Vienna Ariya ~ chubby and adorable!!! Long, long wait for a girl in their family - 3 boys and now her baby girl she's always dreamed of having. I'm going to go see her today at some point too and hopefully will remember to take a picture to show you!

Happy day, all!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sherah..I was away for a weekend with my hubby...hence the no commenting of mine:):)
    I've been thinkning of the week there too....(we're coming btw) Oh dear...it COULD be so unrestful thinking of wearing a bathing suit like non stop....but...Hubby and I went to Vancouver this weekend....crowds and crowds of people....I think I only saw like 2 women I'd say were model perfect....out of the thousands!! So I think I'll be okay:) Besides...there is more to life!

    ReplyDelete