Saturday, June 11, 2011

Week 16, Day 2 - Food Bank, Date w/Hubby, 4 Mile RUN!

This morning I got up at 6:15 and went for another delicious run. That is like the perfect word to describe it - I LOVE it! It's just...exhilarating somehow. But the early morning is half of it, honestly - there is just something really awesome about being in the cool morning air when hardly anyone is up. And then to come home and the house is quiet still, all is sleeping - my day has yet to begun and I am already finished with my workout!

My foot hurt me for about 2 minutes out of the entire run, and never again after that. My left knee is bugging me though, I once dislocated it and ever since it hasn't been the same...just kind of tight, sort of swollen feeling. But it goes away pretty quickly usually, and hopefully will again today as well.

I can kind of compare it to eating something yummy - when I was finished with my run and walking for the last 3-4 minutes to cool down, I wanted to just keep on walking...nooooo I don't want my time out here to be over!!

Today I ran 3.9 miles. Slowly but surely, inching my way towards my goal of 5 miles per day. It's fun to challenge myself and see how far I can go - I felt rather invisible today, and I could tell my pace was faster, but I forgot to set my timer on my watch when I started, wah!

I mapped out my run for tomorrow, an ambitious 4.8 miles. Today was cloudy again - the absolute ULTIMATE is to run in the early morning on a sunny, cloudless day - maybe tomorrow?

In about half an hour I'll be leaving for the monthly food bank at a local church nearby. It's amazing how much food they give for a family of 9 - often it has covered my entire table WITH a leaf extended! Several of the girls from church go as well, so it's fun to hang out and chat for 45 minutes or so before the doors open (you have to get there early).

After that, home to put away the groceries and then a date with DH! I think we're heading to Portland to catch the Saturday Market, go to our fave restaurant for lunch (I plan to have a big salad with dressing on the side + maybe something else ON PLAN), and then a $3 movie somewhere hopefully.

Gotta' run!

No comments:

Post a Comment