Thursday, June 9, 2011

Week 15, Day 7 - My stomach BETRAYED me & Weekly Weigh-in

Yes, Tereza, I do know how you feel now!! Even though some days I feel pretty good, although evenings are rough, OTHER days - my stomach, geez, I have no idea what the heck it wants me to do!! So confusing.

Yesterday's mexican mishmash sounded so good! And it tasted good too, but I ended up eating only maybe 3/4 cup before my stomach said, enough. All was good until I just kind of felt like laying down - no biggie, I do that often, on the couch.

An hour later? Worse. Much worse. An hour after THAT? I was throwing it up. Wow. I wonder if maybe the corn was bad - it'd been in the fridge, on the cob, for about 3 weeks - the ends had a little bit of mold but the rest was perfect. I was transportd back to my really sick days of just laying on the couch and only getting up to change a diaper and get cereal for the kids for dinner real quick.

I ended up going to sleep at 9:15 - konked out, and in the night my stomach still hurt. Egads! Thankfully I feel back to normal now...makes me never want to eat corn again, though!

Weekly weigh in ~

Week 5: 127
Week 8: 133
Week 9: 130
Week 10: 133
Week 11: 133
Week 12: 136
Week 13: 138
Week 14: 138
Week 15: 139

I'm happy with this BECAUSE last weekend I really had a rough time - and even just two days ago, I had like 5 homemade yummy rolls, lots of pieces of chocolate chip banana bread...all this heavy stuff (that didn't make my stomach hurt as bad as that mexican dish, go figure)...and I've been fighting this whole week to get my weight down from 140 - even 141 one day.

So it's a victory for me - now I just have to make sure I eat as much raw as I can and see where the scale takes me.

Today is the warmest day it's going to be in the next 10 days - 74 degrees! Fun! I'm going to attempt my long walk with the kids today, hopefully pushing them all on the stroller at some point so I get a good workout - hopefully 3.5 miles today. I WISH I could run this morning, it's so pretty out there! But it's probably a good idea to make sure my foot can handle that long of a distance WALKING, let alone running.

It's so strange to take a shower and shave my legs, and realize that my legs are not mine. They're thicker, bigger, more plump - not near as sculpted as they used to be. =( It's like my body is foreign, I'm still not used to it! Hopefully either I can 1)slowly change that this pregnancy by being consistent with eating well/exercise or 2)I'll never get used to it, an after the baby comes I'll work hard to get it back to where it used to be.

It's time now to get the kids' clothes ready for school, make their lunches, get them ready...no more computer time for a while! =)

1 comment:

  1. It probably was the corn...3 weeks is a long time to sit in the fridge.:) Hope you wont feel the effects of it today though!
    Huess what my stomach has been doing to me? It hates watermelon!!!!!!!!!! And I'm so sad as that is one of my summer staples:( After a few little slices I get stomach cramps (the more melon I eat the worse it feels) and the cramps stay till the next day! And THEN...I get the runs! UGH! So not fair...I LOVE watermelon!

    ReplyDelete