Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Week 15, Day 6 - Found some beautiful flowers by the road!

I'm so thrilled to say I am now going on 3 1/2 weeks of working out and eating better!! The scale doesn't agree (or at least, it's holding steady at about 139-140 so I suppose that's good) but who cares, pregnancy scale weights are all wacko anyway.

I'm actually thankful for my foot injury while running on Saturday. It forced me to workout again because I really really REALLY wanted to run again the next day, but my foot would only let me do things that required solidly STANDING only. No walking, jumping, running, etc. So I got 2 good workouts done in a row with pretty darn good eating, then yesterday took a day off (didn't want to do 3 workouts in a row) and had a backwards day eating.

But no matter, today I got another great workout in again - although I have decided for sure to scale them down to just doing 2x through instead of 3 (per exercise). I think that'll help my mentally be able to do them consistently and they ARE a challenge so I'm hoping I still get good results doing them 3x per week. Today the reverse lunge and presses were a BEAST! Whew!

After I workout we're going on a 3 mile walk while I powerwalk the stroller with 70 pounds of kids in it, lol. My foot seems to be healed enough that I can walk, but not run. So we're going after the medium cardio that gets my heartrate up and a little sweaty - probably more for the mental clarity of mind in KNOWING that I'm doing something, you know?

Today my plan is to eat ALL raw (resisting the chocolate chip banana bread, ahem!) and then enjoy a big salad with a cup or so of the leftover lentil stew. I think I might make it again but try it with my own tomato sauce somehow...my stomach gets upset after I eat it, and the only thing I can think of is the tomato sauce. It's really yummy and gosh, you can't get much healthier than that if you're going to eat cooked food! No chicken broth or anything, either.

Edited later:

Hmmm, well, we walked for 2 miles but part of it Marie decided she wanted to ride - fine with me, I love a better workout! That makes for 120 pounds + a bike that I'm pushing ... I can't powerwalk with that, but it definitely gives me a great workout pushing so much resistance!

However, my foot really started complaining when I did that, and we ended up cutting it short to just 2 miles instead. It's ok though, I need to make sure I don't end up re-injuring it even worse, much better to work my way back to normalcy. Aw well, isn't that what life is all about? Grand aspirations and then you just take what you can get out of that, usually not everything happens like it was planned or how you'd hoped.

I also found a GORGEOUS bouquet of wildflowers that someone had tossed aside next to a street light. I picked it up and now it's in water, no longer dying, beautiful in my kitchen! I took a picture of it on my phone but now it's not uploading...rrrr. Oh, wait a sec....there it goes. See? Purty!

Because I've been going to bed so early, I am wide awake early in the morning. I love it on summer mornings!! The birds chirping, beautiful sunrise and light morning breezes/fragrances. Last night I fell asleep at 8:15, after the kids were put to bed I just climbed in bed and laid there, praying with Isaac when his bedtime came at 8:15, and then with James when his came at 8:45. Of course they woke me up but it felt so nice just to doze and then finally fall asleep for good.

Then, 5:45 I just, woke up! It felt nice, really rested...no kiddos woke me up at all, although DH did. =) Sometimes in his sleep he does things he doesn't realize, lol! =) I went for a quick walk in the morning to test my foot and it seemed to do okay, a 10 minutes power walk.

1 comment: