Monday, June 13, 2011

Week 16, Day 4 - Happy Monday! 5 Mile Run, Parties, and Bathing Suits...

For some reason I haven't been in a very blogging mood, thus no post yesterday. I don't know why...I guess I'm not really excited about anything per say, lol.

Especially after...swimsuit shopping yesterday? Oh, my. I mean, I KNOW I'm pregnant and all, so I have a "good reason" for the lumpiness, and rolls trying to make their appearance, and boobs that are not so super cute in a strapless bikini top - actually, scratch that. They don't even hold UP a strapless bikini top. I was thinking how nice it would be to get one of those so I don't have this big this "stripe" tan line this summer. Ha.

I think I spent about an hour at Target yesterday. They do have really cute 2pc bathing suits - but it's just so darn hard to figure out what the heck I even wear these days! First I spent about 10 minutes picking out strapless size Medium tops with matching size Small bottoms.

Trooped allll the way across the store to the dressing room, only 6 allowed at a time. Uh-uh. No way on EARTH size Small fits anymore, and size Medium tops? Nope.

Back to the drawing board.

I think I went back and forth 4 times. I never did find one. It's a different world for me, and I clearly remember the time when I realized that wow, just about EVERYTHING I try on looks really cute! I had my pick of anything, if I liked it, I could buy it because most likely I would love the way it looked.

So that's what I did yesterday - maybe I'll try JCPenney next. Now I know more what to look for, though. MUST have straps...waaah. Size Large tops, size Large bottoms. Waaaah again. No big thick straps around the neck, and it must tie in the back or else it squishes my back into what looks like a 2nd butt, hee hee.

I AM, however, excited about the fact that I ran FIVE MILES yesterday morning!!! Can you believe it? I have never ran 3x in a row before, morning after morning. It took me a whopping HOUR and two minutes. It felt strange to look at my watch and see that I had actually been running, MOVING nonstop, for that long. I felt like I'd run a marathon or something, lol!

Since I need challenges, my next goal is to run a 10k which is 6.1 miles. But I def need to get used to running 5 miles first - I could tell I was stretching my abilities...but it was not a bad thing. At the end I even sprinted - I seemed to have boundless energy.

Wish I could have that boundless energy during the day, but not just yet apparently. I still get very tired around 6pm and it's a chore to stay busy and talk to the kids, get through dinner, and by 9pm I am ready.for.bed. I don't even want to read before bed, I just want to fall into blissful sleep.

Today I am putting on an "end of the year" party for Grace's class, along with another mom. I am bringing the cupcakes, 24 of them from Walmart, as well as a present game and the paper plates & napkins. She is bringing 24 balloons, popcorn, and the drinks + another game. Should be fun but we have to be there at 1:30, smack in the middle of naptime. We'll see how that goes. =)

Today I weighed in at 140! Super happy about that, my weekend eating wasn't really really bad, mostly I watched what I ate very very carefully but ended up eating some things not allowed at night. If I can maintain 140 for a while, I'll be happy.

2 comments:

  1. I hate bathing suit shopping... Because it has to be the perfect one or it looks hideous 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there~
    So I finally went through and read all your blog posts.
    I thought I had added you to my blog list a few weeks back, but I guess I didn't REALLY do it :) and so I didn't realize you had posted recently til yesterday.
    Anyhow, it was fun to see where you are at now and I CANNOT believe you are running 5 miles. You go, girl. You are just about where i was at when I quit running while pregnant! it was just too hard for me, as my belly grew. (That's not to say you shouldn't, just I didn't like how I felt doing it) :)
    Hang in there...baby will be here before you know it and you will be losing again and wonder why it seemed so daunting that you will keep growing another 23 weeks! :) (I say this from experience) :)
    Hope you are doing well

    ReplyDelete