Monday, June 6, 2011

Week 15, Day 4 - GREAT workout this morning!

And yesterday, too! Yesterday actually, due to being more than a little miffed that I couldn't go running cuz of my foot injury, and REALLY wanting to stay on track - I tackled my whole.entire.workout.

This is HUGE for me, I haven't done a whole workout like that in eons. Like, months. I did everything on the list (9 exercise) 3x each, no small feat, but I was so motivated and used my pent up frustration at not going running to really throw myself into it.

Today was the same - my foot is the same, darn it. Still hobbling around the house trying to do my normal chores, etc but everything is s.l.o.w.e.r. I am hoping it gets better on its own and it's not one of those 3-month-rest kind of injuries.

So I threw myself into my FULL workout again today, although I am still pretty sore from yesterday's workout and couldn't do, for instance, 60 second planks to save my life! About 45 seconds was all I could handle since my abs & arms are still sore from yesterday. It pretty much kicked my booty!! (yay? I think so...)

However, after doing the whole workout, I'm wondering if it's just better all around to stick to the 2x per exercise. Right now it takes me a good 1 hour and 20 minutes to complete the workout start to finish, and I do that while Harmony is taking her nap in the morning - I get her up pretty early, get the kids off to school, then come back and put her back to bed.

But in just a week the kids will be out of school so no need to wake her up....and gosh, it just takes up SO MUCH of my morning! Cuz I gotta shower too, afterwards. It's hard though, for me to give something my ALL and yet, just do part of it. I feel like I won't get results or something. But I wonder if I am consistent if it really doesn't matter, cuz I'll get WAY more results than just shrugging off the workout altogether, days and days in a row.

I'd love to get it down to 45 minutes total. Oh, the reason why it takes so long is because I am tired and out of breath so easily. Because of the pregnancy, or because I'm so out of breath? Guess time will tell.

Thought for today:
It's fun to change a poopy diaper in the middle of my workout too....my legs are shaking as I'm kneeling on the floor, my arms are shaking, I'm breathing harder than normal, my heart is racing...ha! Definitely one of my MORE favorite things to do while working out. =)


I'm still wracking my brain trying to figure out HOW I can get some cardio in that raises up my heartbeat without using my foot. Hmmm...not even the trampoline will work. I think I could probably do one of those machines at the Kroc center where you keep your foot planted on the "track" and go up and down...stairmaster? But its a huge pain to go there...HOWEVER not impossible. So we'll see.

Yesterday's eating went SMASHINGLY well until dinner, when I proceeded to eat FIVE rolls with meat/cheese/lettuce/tomato...in a row! Wow. They were super yummy....but still. So I ate raw until THAT little episode, then nothing else for the rest of the night after 6pm.

I've been reading my pregnancy blog when I was pregnant with Jack....that was such an awesome pregnancy!!! I wish I could duplicate it....waaah. But I was so gung-ho on raw, I even went 45 days at 100%. No wonder I only gained 24 pounds. Turns out when I went to my pregnancy with HARMONY, which was more like 70% raw (as opposed to 90% with Jack) I actually gained 34 pounds. Hmmmm.

Anyway, it's really motivating to read how INCREDIBLE I felt with Jack, and how I didn't even need maternity clothes until month SEVEN...holy cow! I'm not wearing maternity bottoms right now, but I do like to wear MAT tops just cuz if I don't, I feel frumpy and overweight. At least the maternity tops kind of cling/accentuate the natural curves of pregnancy; big boobs and bigger tummy. Even if mine isn't exactly a ball yet, it's more like a big lump, ha ha. LOVE this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment