Saturday, June 25, 2011

Week 18, Day 2 - Brutal 5.6 mile run this morning!

...but of course when I was done, I was glad I finished it! I ran 5.6 miles today, and it was hard to pull myself out of bed. I skipped my run yesterday and of course it gets MUCH easier and MUCH more tempting to skip again, the next day. So I made myself get up - I really, really, really didn't feel like it, though! The run just kept on going...and going...and going....I suppose it didn't help matters much that my ipod died just 1/2 a mile into the run. I still am not sure what is wrong with it, it plays for 3 seconds and then just stops. I ran a new route today, in the country, but that particular road had three hills I didn't know about! I got a good workout for sure, but that made it all the more brutal I think.

Yesterday I did fabulously with eating - I basically just had grapes, green smoothie, big giganto salad, and that's it. Lots of it, though. Oh, and a few bites of watermelon, but the one I cut open was pretty much past it's prime so I threw it away and will get my money back at Costco.

Last night we had a party for Rachel (Mina, she LOVED what you got her!!! She said those are the markers she's been wanting for a long time...score!) and I made cupcakes. They pretty much bombed....I couldn't get them out of the cupcake pan so they were all crumbled and ruined. Fortunately I had made 14 other ones in little teflon heart cupcake molds and those were ok. Rachel told me that the frosting was too watery. LOL. So kind of a flop all around but they WERE tasty, even though they also pretty much crumbled in your hand. Oh well...I did eat 2 of them, but just one had a tad bit of frosting. I found it quite interesting that I really didn't want them...I was more interested in the crisp, sweet grapes waiting for me.

Today Bret is gone with the four older ones fundraising at Macleay, so I have a nice quiet day with the little ones. I plan to go get the ingredients to make pizza in the dehydrator, and also some more blueberries....they're $5.88 for 2lbs at Fred Meyer until the end of today.

This is kind of cool - the program I used called mapmyrun.com keeps track of my workouts and it has this calendar setup that shows my stats. I have run or walked 50 miles so far in June! Wow - pretty cool. My goal is to averag 15 miles per week...pretty doable, I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment