Friday, June 10, 2011

Week 16, Day 1 - 5:30am 3 1/2 mile run! (plus raw strawberry shortcake, yum..)

SO happy that my foot let me run today! My knee is acting up too, both are a little sore, but hopefully it'll just ease up and go away like it did last time. I was able to retrace the same run I did that injured my foot, 3.62 miles - it was kind of long, to be honest. But I did enjoy it - I listened to half Enya and half Dave Ramsey talk radio. I'd really like to get some conference CD's on there so I can listen to a meeting too.

It felt really nice, though, to get up early and be out there in the early morning air - hardly anyone is around. Today it was cloudy and kind of sprinkling...I prefer the dawn of a sunny day for sure, but there *is* definitely something refreshing about rain-ish weather.

This morning I was thinking about and craving strawberry shortcake - and I remembered a delish and very fast raw recipe I have used in the past to cure this very craving! It's really yummy and quick and uses ingredients most people have on hand. You can view it here:

So, that's what I had for breakfast. =) I always think it's pretty cool how I can eat dessert for breakfast when I'm eating raw! We'll see how this particular recipe does on my stomach...usually nuts in general make my stomach upset pretty shortly, even though they're sooo yummy! These were not soaked, but they were made into a fine powder in my Vitamix so who knows. I made half the recipe and ate the whole thing slowly, savoring each bite. It was delish...but the jury is still out as to how I feel.

In other news, last night I went shopping at Goodwill, thanks to Rachel!

Right now I have very low energy and don't feel well, am very tired at night at around 6pm and on. Thus it's easy for me to go to sleep at 8-9pm, feels soooo good. She asked me can we PLEASE go to Goodwill and get her some clothes......I was just dragging my feet. I told her I still had to give the 3 little ones a bath, huge job when you're tired and have an ever growing belly.

She decided to do it for me! I was so amazed, I love it when I see small fruits of my labor, you know? I was able to actually sit in the comfy chair in the living room with my feet up while she gave the 3 & 5 year olds a bath, and my 7 & 1 year old took a bath in the other bathroom and 7 yr old washed both of them. Of course it was my job as soon as they were done, to dress them, but it felt wonderful; bathtime, like bedtime, has always been a struggle for me. =)

We managed to get in & out of there in an hour, she is really fun to shop with. Not like OMG a blast, but really pleasant company. No demands or throwing fits because I won't buy her this or that. I told her she had $20 to spend of my money (I buy her clothes, but only things that she NEEDS, not another pair of Converse when she already has 5!) and she came in right under $20.

I was so happy though, I haven't gone shopping since before Arizona, and even then I was soooo sick that the thought of shopping honestly makes me ill still, the memory is still so strong. But I found a CUTE maternity jean skirt - really needed for the meetings, and flattering to boot. 2 skirts, 2 knee length shorts, shorts for running, and one pair of longer capris that are a little too big for me but are Gap Maternity and SO comfortable that I bought them anyway. Everything I got was $4.99 except the Gap denim which was $6.99 - for that reason, I LOVE GOODWILL! It's not a place to go to buy the newest styles, but to find cute, affordable every day things that become staples - it's sure the place to go simply because they have long racks and you're bound to find something! These cost me a total of $30.40 which includes my 5% club membership discount.

The long shorts I got, are size 7/8. Boo. Coming from a size 2, that is hard to swallow...especially in bottoms which having nothing to do with a growing belly!! Aaargh. But oh well, they're cute, flattering, and I currently have just my exercise spandex shorts and a pair of long denim capris that I wear all.the.time. Sometimes I would wear a skirt just for the change of scenery, lol! So it'll be nice to have different choices.

Yesterday was 100% ON PLAN. I *did* indulge in some tortilla chips & salsa, that was before I got so motivated to do the Fit Yummy Mummy plan, but I am SO proud of myself - I measured out 1 handful of tortilla chips (about 160 calories, gah), and exactly 1/4 cup of mango salsa(100 calories). When I ate those two the other day, I had probably a CUP of the salsa + wow, sooo many chips. I just practically attacked the thing!! It felt wonderful to enjoy such a small amount but really ENJOY it, knowing that I wasn't going "off plan". But now that I'm doing FYM where every piece of food I put into my mouth is to be food that SUPPORTS fat loss, tortilla chips won't be on the menu anymore.

Last night I made angel food cake with blueberries in sauce to go over it. And yummy rice with onions...and homemade wheat bread with honey. ALL tempting for me, especially the plain angel food cake, I really like that. But I just kept thinking about supportive foods, and I ended up making a whole new pot of the lentil stew - SO, so yummy! I ate a bunch of that - and enjoyed my day. =)

What I ate yesterday:

Watermelon
Lentil Stew
Grapes
Handful of tortilla chips
1/4 cup Mango Salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment