Monday, June 6, 2011

Reflections on today - a resounding 10!

9:30 PM -

So I DID end up completely finishing the mountain of laundry - yay! That felt so good, mostly just knowing that I'll be starting tomorrow out with a clean room. Except of course 30 minutes after I finished, another load of whites got done so that is now sitting on the couch...but its in a basket and looks nice, one load of laundry. =)

However, the floor never did get vacuumed and as a result, even though I swept this morning there's lots of little pieces of whatever on the floor AGAIN. That get stuck on your feet when you're walking, so annoying lol! I guess that happens, though, when there is so much traffic AND when I'm cooking in the kitchen so much in one day. So, that will be my #1 priority for tomorrow as well as working on the bedrooms.

The hashbrowns were a smashing hit! I just put them on a pizza tray, sprayed pam first though, and tried to get them all in one layer (frozen). Then I generously sprinkled sea salt, and stuck them in the oven at 425 until the edges started getting crunchy brown. Then I flipped them as best I could (they stick together) and added more salt. They turned out crunchy and yummy, but only about 1/4 c for each person (7) was all I could fit on the biggest pizza pan I have. Oh well, it did the trick - a meal of bread, green beans, bbq shredded chicken, and "baby fries" was perfect for the kids. Even Jack liked this dinner!

The meal I was planning on for Bret & I didn't happen...I realized I did not have a pound of spinach, and I also don't have mushrooms. Instead I found a different recipe that included lentils, but had everything I do have, and made that. It was SOOOO good! Basically it was lentils, green pepper, onions, garlic, basil, parsley, bay leaf, tomato soup, Soy sauce (I used Bragg's). I'm thinking about sneaking into the kitchen right now and having some cold, it was that good. Perfect blend of spices, yum. Only thing is, it calls for tomato sauce (I used soup) and the ingredients are certainly not ideal. Maybe sauce has less ingredients, I'll have to check on that. It was good though.

Today overall I am happy to say was a resounding 10 - a definite step forward! I had a great workout in the morning, ate very well all day - my eats today:

1/3 big watermelon
big spinach salad w/raw dressing
chocolate banana shake
2 cups of lentil stew

I successfully said NO to chocolate chip banana bread, and was sorely tempted several times! But I just kept telling myself that it is NOT the times that it is "easy" that are going to catapult me to the next level of physical fitness I am looking for. It's the times when I REALLY really really don't care, or don't WANT to say no or workout, that I have to press through and do it anyway. Or not eat it anyway. That will create a spiral effect of GOOD days, and bring the results I am working so hard for.

My foot is doing GREAT tonight, just a little bit of tenderness left and I can walk normally now. Not run yet, but I'm hoping that by Wednesday I might be able to get up early and go running.

These days I go to sleep anywhere between 9pm-10pm and it has been SO nice. I'm realizing that I am just .... tired, and instead of saying no to sleep and watching a show or reading a book until 11-11:30 like I used to, I just, go to sleep. It is wonderful to feel rested in the morning even though I have to get up at 6:40. And yes, even with multiple potty runs in the night in addition to at least one bad dream, sleepwalking, or diaper soaked through episode with at least one of the kids. =)

1 comment:

  1. I need to go to bed earlier too! Glad you're doing great! The lentil stew sounds wonderful and comforting!

    ReplyDelete