Sunday, June 5, 2011

Week 15, Day 3 - Injured my foot yesterday & I'M FOCUSED NOW...YAY!!

So, I injured my foot yesterday while I was running. Nothing in particular, really, it just kind of started hurting while I was running and as usual with various aches & pains that come and go while I'm running, I ignored it. 99% of the time it goes away and is perfectly fine later - my knee was also bugging me up until last night and today it's good as gold.

Another gorgeous day and oh, I am aching to get out and go running! Yesterday was 3.6 miles - happy with that! But not happy with the fact that I can't run for probably at least 2 days, if not more, until my foot heals. I can barely bend it, it's painful to do the tiptoes motion (necessary when you're running!).

But it's really pressing on me that I must take it seriously now, the scale was at 139.8 this morning so I really and truly am on the brink of 140. And it is much too early for that, last pregnancy I reached 140 at week 20! That means I have to maintain until family week in July.

Yesterday I'd say, was about a 7 on a scale of 1-10 as far as eating goes. MUCH better than the previous days before, which were about 2's!! I had only watermelon and grapes, lots of them, until I ate two cups of Honey Bunches of Oats with milk(!!) and then about 25 tortilla chips with salsa. Wow, when you've only eaten fruit all day (sweet fruit like watermelon and grapes!) those are SO salty! Almost too, too salty like they made a mistake!

So instead of running, I am going to do my workout --- which feels great. I feel like I have focus today, and hopefully I can keep this up all week. Usually it's hard for me to workout when the kids are home, but I have to get practice somehow cuz well, only a week 1/2 until they are out of school for the whole summer!

Here's to a great workout, hopefully my foot will allow me to do that regularly until I can run again!

No comments:

Post a Comment