Monday, June 6, 2011

Lots of Cooking Going on Today!

...to the detriment of the house, unfortunately! I've been feeling sick for so long that most nights our dinners are a very last minute throw together, and nothing "special" for Bret - he likes/prefers to eat healthy + vegan with a nice sized salad but I just haven't been up to making 2 separate dinners.

But today, apparently, I am up to it! Hee hee...never mind the mountain of laundry...or the floor calling out to be vacuumed....or the bedrooms feeling *rather* neglected.

Currently I have made so far:

Chocolate chip banana banana bread for the kids' snack when they get home...

Black beans in bulk, soaking to be cooked & frozen tomorrow...

BBQ Sauce chicken & turkey in the crockpot, to be shredded for dinner...

Light Oat Bread in the bread machine...

...and now I'm really tired and READY for a nap but there's a big mountain on the couch again, and I need to shower after my workout still.

Later I plan to make "baby french fries" using hashbrowns...hopefully my kids will fall for it - I wonder if I can cook them like I do fries?

Also for DH & me for dinner ~ Spinach & Millet with Lentils...sounds weird but the ingredients look really homey and yummy ~ onion, garlic, cumin, spinach, zucchini, lentils, tomatoes....I'll let you know how it turned out!

And a big salad, if I can pull it off, if I'm not totally exhausted after doing the house, cooking, working out, and all with a bum foot. Thankfulness rules in my house today!!

1 comment: