Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Week 17, Day 5 - Ran my first 10k this morning!


The past few days have been a huge struggle for me with food. I decided to start doing all green smoothies 2 days ago but fell flat on my face over & over. It's like my motivation was just...gone. So today, I was just pretty darn mad about that - and I decided to DO something about it!

So I got up at 6:45 and mapped out a fun new route, making sure to write down all the streets on my hand this time so I don't get lost! I ran exactly 6.2 miles, which is a 10K - this is such a milestone for me!!! I don't know if I'll press on to run further than this, not unless I am really just feeling it. But I would love to throw in a 10k every week or two weeks, just for the heck of it. And to make 5 miles seem "short" in comparison. =)

I'd say the last .3 miles of it, I started to feel it. My feet started to hurt, and even my belly started to protest; up until now it has been 100% completely FINE with me running. I would have stopped and just powerwalked the rest of the way if I had 1/2 a mile or more to run, but it really was just to the next street, so I persevered. It feels SO wonderful to start my day like this!

And, I reposted my original starting post on the green smoothie blog to start today. I am going to do my darndest to make this happen - this morning the scale was up to 146! I told you my body globs on to fat like you wouldn't BELIEVE when I'm pregnant, it is so discouraging - I weighed 140 just 3 days ago. Rrrrr. I am confident I can get it back down though, if I stick to green smoothies because alot of it is probably water retention.

My first test will be tonight - I'm taking Rachel & four of her friends to go see Soul Surfer at the theater for her birthday. It's the kind of theater where they serve you food during the movie - it's yummy food too, and pretty cheap. But I'm going to remain strong and drink a big old smoothie before we go. I know I'm going to feel SO good tomorrow when I wake up knowing that I have a whole day of clean 100% raw behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment