Thursday, June 9, 2011

Lovely walk today!! (& date morning coming up!!)

Powerwalking with 70 lbs of kiddos is such a perfect form of exercise for me! I'm lucky, I know, to have kids who *last* for 3 miles - today even Marie lasted for 2.5 miles, I was so proud of her! And happy to have a much bigger load to push at the end, for just half a mile. My foot started complaining RIGHT about when we got home, so that's progress even from yesterday! I hope hope hope I can go running tomorrow...

James stayed home today from school - he has some stomach issues he deals with, and had a rough evening yesterday laying beside me in the bed while I was sick - he complained of a headache, sore throat, AND a stomach ache. He's not *really* the type to make things up, but he does love James & Mommy time. =) So today I let him stay home for some TLC - and he came with us on our walk, riding his scooter.

He took a picture of us - fun!

Today instead of hurrying to get the kids out the door for our walk, I spent an hour cleaning - it made such a difference to come home from our walk and enter a lovely clean home! Well, HALF of a home, anyway. I don't usually feel all that energetic afterwards and am looking forward to a good NAP - so it was nice to have that halfway done, anyway.

It looks like on Saturday DH & I are going on a date!!! We haven't gone on a date since we went to Arizona, exactly 2 months ago. Coming from someone who used to go on 8-hour, paint-the-town-red dates at LEAST twice a month, yikes - it's been a long time!

Since I feel WAY better in the morning, I am going to leave with him at 5:30am to head to the big city where he's running in a 10K race. I am hoping to scout out a route on mapmyrun.com (I LOVE that site and use it every single time I go for a walk!) and run while he runs. Afterwards we're going to the Saturday Market - they have big ones up there! Then maybe catch a matinee movie and go out to lunch, and head home in the afternoon.

The only thing is, we'll both be sweaty. Not super awesome for a date, lol! Maybe we can make a pitstop at his sister's house and take showers there - the city is a good hour away so it's not like we can come home. I mean we COULD come back here, shower, and then go...but it's not as fun as just being out all morning and plus, it's like chaosx10 when Mom & Dad step back into the scene of a babysitter, lol! All of a sudden so and so has been SUPER BAD (according to brother) and so and so DID NOT OBEY and this person all of a sudden is crying....when they were totally fine before we got home!

I'll try to take pictures - Bret has a better phone camera than me - so I can share our time with you. =)

Tereza, awww, I am so sad that watermelon isn't working for you. Are you being sure to eat it on an empty stomach? That is a must...or at least, let an hour go by since you last ate. Watermelon was kind of like that for me, the past 2 months - it tasted wonderful, but immediately afterwards I would get this aftertaste of like nutrisweet or something, bleh. And my stomach didn't like it much either. I know it's really cleansing, like REALLY cleansing - lots of people will do "watermelon fasts" type of thing. So it makes me curious what exactly IS going on inside when it gives someone a stomach ache or the runs .... but whatever, doesn't really matter, we don't want to eat something that's going to make us feel awful for sure.

I hope it changes for you, though....rrrrr!!

No comments:

Post a Comment