Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Oh, yum! My Mexican Mish-mash

So as you know, my goal is to eat 75-90% raw and the rest, vegan plant based food. I just spent my entire naptime looking up recipes - fun! Obviously I was slightly hungry upon going to bed, for that to appeal to me so much. =)

Anyway, I have this big bunch of black beans I cooked up yesterday - just simple, beans & water. No salt or anything.

When I got up from my nap, I threw together this delish combo that actually tastes really good!

Salsa
Black Beans
Avocado
Raw corn from cob
Cilantro
Squirt of lemon juice
Tobasco sauce

Mixed together, it's pretty darn tasty and totally hits the spot. It's all raw except the salsa is (organic) from Costco and thus, preserved or whatever, and cooked too, I think. And the beans, of course. It is bang-on with how I want to be eating, though, and once again I realize how much easier it is to eat this way when I have new and tasty recipes to try! This would be great over spinach too as a mexican salad, I'm thinking....

As always, I have to see how my stomach reacts - it is still QUITE fickle and will betray me at the drop of the hat, even with the most healthy of things. =(

1 comment:

  1. When I read your blog I feel like you're talking about me:) My stomach is quite fickle too...though I'm not pregnant just have a weak stomach:)Sometimes things I think will be good don't feel so good once eaten...weird

    ReplyDelete