Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Found a Cool Pregnancy Blog

I get so inspired to continue on the straight & narrow when I read other blogs of people in similar situations/with similar aspirations as I have. I've been having fun this morning searching through Google for "pregnant running blog" and have come up with some gems!

This one is my favorite ~ titled, "Pregnant Running Blog" LOL.

She went to the gym and ran her entire pregnancy, including the morning of her delivery - and she has 4 kids ages 4 & under too. One of the things that really encouraged me was that at 27 weeks she was diagnosed with gallbladder problems, so her doctor put her on a diet of strictly fruits, veggies, very little salad (low-fat) dressing, chicken breast (cooked with small amount of seasoning and with no oil or butter) and one piece of bread a day. Eating small amounts and eating every 2 hours.

Up until then, she was eating kind of whatever she wanted, only in moderate amounts...and gaining lots of weight. Once she switched to her much cleaner diet, she felt SO FANTASTIC!! And kept on exclaiming so, for the rest of her pregnancy. She stuck to it very strictly, more strict that I'm sure I could be because I have no medical reason, but it was so encouraging for me to hear what she wrote. She also dropped some of the fat that she had gained, and I love two of the pictures she posted - total inspiration to me:

I LOVE how she looks here, just 2 hours after having the baby, wow! This inspires me to continue with a clean diet and exercise so I can FEEL as good as she looks afterwards!


This is such a great picture, she looks amazing - again, something to aspire to!!!

After reading her blog, I am so determined to do well this pregnancy! And to ENJOY it, I really want to sit back and smell the flowers, so to speak - not always pushing for the next thing, waiting for the next thing - this could very well be the very last time I ever experience this.

So far today I have been tempted by things, yes - chocolate chips, bologna (I know, I know, you don't have to tell me!!!)...but instead I have eaten watermelon, grapes, and sprouted sunflower seeds. Lunchtime, my hardest time, has sailed on by - hardly even tempted, thanks to my awesome workouts this morning and reading her blog.

I also love hearing how these ladies who exercise and eat healthy, do so well after having the baby. Many of them write nonchalantly about going to Sam's Club with the kids on day 5, going shopping for clothes...I'm like oh my WORD!! That has NEVER been me, I've always been completely flat on my back EXHAUSTED and just not myself at all until about 2 weeks postpartum, if even then.

Not that I'm going to be pushing for more than I can handle, but it really gives me a vision of how it could (possibly?) be - especially this lady, who has 4 kids SO young. That's half the work right there - yes, I'll have double the amount of kids she has, but my older ones can easily fend for themselves if I am not able to get dinner, or amuse themselves while I take a nap.

1 comment:

  1. She looks great. I think it's in the face...when the face radiates you can tell the person is eating healthy...

    ReplyDelete