Thursday, June 16, 2011

Week 16, Day 7 - Fit Yummy Mummy Video - SO inspiring!

Wanna see what I wish I could look like? If I had a physique in mind to shoot for, this is it. This is Holly Rigsby, the Fit Yummy Mummy lady - whose area of expertise is Moms who are trying to get their body back after having a baby or babies. She is awesome, and I have gotten far in the past on her advice!

I love how she practically glows with health and looks so fit & trim.

GRANTED she has not had 9 pregnancies...this is her 2nd pregnancy and her other son is 8 years old or so. But I am a firm believer in the fact that having lots of babies does not automatically mean that I am destined to have a postpartum body for the rest of my life! I don't think our bodies are meant to be so beaten up by pregnancies - we are MADE to have babies, and God did not make mistakes in the recovery ability either. I do think, however, that the food we subject ourselves to takes a high toll on our bodies, and that is not natural, thus our bodies have a much harder time coming back. That, and the ease with which we live these days - I mean, can you imagine the laundry ALONE for big families back in the day, when they had to scrub it all by hand??? Talk about a major workout right there!

Anyway, watching this video today really gave me a renewed vision for what I am trying to accomplish with my body. I don't have unrealistic goals, but I do think that by eating HEALTHY (no pizza, ice cream, donuts, DUH!) and exercising regularly to my body's ability, I can eliminate unnecessary fat. As in, the roll that is trying to make it's appearance under my bra strap can be stopped dead in it's tracks and even smoothed out just a bit, if I am disciplined enough to stick with the program. We'll see - I experienced a little of this with my last pregnancy and I'm inspired to continue on this time.

This morning's workout went just great - I used 2 20# dumbbells when doing the T-Bends, that was a challenge! I'm started to feel rock solid muscle on my thighs, UNDER the cellulitishness that has accumulated, wah. But still, feels great! I am sufficiently, no, very sore from starting the new workout - I lower myself slowly when I sit down. =)

Tomorrow I've mapped out a 5.2 mile run, and am very much looking forward to that; it's supposed to be a nice day and I plan to get up at 6:30 for that. It's different for me, doing this when the kids are out of school, because I don't HAVE to get up early. I could just go at 8am and have Rachel babysit...but I am enjoying very much, coming home to a quiet sleeping family, and starting my day that way. I don't like doing my workout or returning from a run to kids immediately realizing Mom is back/available so now is the time to ALL cry at the same time. LOL

Eating today has gone well so far...I've had watermelon, green smoothie, and strawberries fresh from a local farm. But I am really craving tortilla chips and mango salso right now....rrr!! I don't feel "full" but I'm not really hungry, either, and I do have the other half of the green smoothe in the fridge. Of course it doesn't really appeal, not as much as that mango salsa! We'll see, I may have a small portion, or I might just promise myself that if I can make it through today 100% on plan, then tomorrow I'll have some of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment