Thursday, June 9, 2011

Fit Yummy Mummy ~ My New 4-week Plan!

So you guys must know by now that I LOVE finding new "plans" and new "inspirations". I am pretty much always doing mostly the same thing (working out 3x per week minimum and eating LOTS of fresh fruits/veggies) but I love actually having a plan to work from.

I was on facebook just piddling about and came across a video that Holly from FYM had done, stating WHY she does not work out more than 90 minutes per week and YES that she gets the results she does, JUST FROM THAT. Nothing extra. Her point was - why on earth would I use ANY extra time I have in my day, to workout? When I don't have to, and can get the same results from less? (although I do have to say that being pregnant, the workouts would not be 15m each for me, more like 20m)

Why, indeed. =)

Now, I have found THE perfect plan for me, in Venus. I love it, pure and simple. It works, I was able to attain the best look I've EVER had, and I will surely go right back to that after I have the baby.

But for pregnancy, it honestly kind of sucks. It's all about calorie restriction for weight/fat loss, and I can't do that while pregnant. No way around it, I just cannot, it's not healthy.

The workouts are also really long and I am trying my darndest just to be MOTIVATED enough to actually do a workout, any workout - and when they're 1 1/2 hour long, it just becomes the first dreaded thing I think of when I wake up.

BEFORE Venus, I was able to lose 20 pounds on Fit Yummy Mummy. That was my postpartum baby weight. So ladies & gents, I am going to go back to that. I love the looser eating guidelines that rely more on nutrition rather than calories, and I love the workouts. I'm also looking forward to adding back in some interval cardio too! That is really good for me mentally because I KNOW it burns fat like nobody's business.

But I am still going to run, I just love it too much. However, since the workouts themselves are so quick, I can easily double up and add in a run - especially since it really is a moderate form of exercise, no heavy breathing so my heartrate stays pretty even.

I'm excited that there is exactly 30 days until family week at Macleay - those kind of goals really help motivate me.

So I'm going to do this:

EXERCISE
M-W-F
20m FYM workout + 15m Interval Training
3x/week as it fits, 3-5 mile run
1-2x/week as it fits, 2-3 mile power walk w/stroller

The last two are not necessary FOR fat loss, but they help my mental game SO much, just to do SOMETHING each day for exercise. I'm not going to PLAN on taking any break days, but if it just happens that I can't do my workout any particular day, I'll take it. Our meetings are at night now, so it's easy for me on Sundays to do a workout or go running in the morning.

Also, I'm going to keep a log of my workouts and try to improve SOMETHING each and every time. Whether it's higher weights, better form - trying to keep myself challenged and stay away from maintainence mode. (lifting what I know is fairly easy for me, barely straining). Focusing on STRENGTH.

FOOD

*Eat 75% raw food - that allows for some cooked, but:

*Choose only cooked foods that SUPPORT fat loss. This is whole, unprocessed foods and does not include tortilla chips!!

*Each week, plan 3 "planned indulgences* of my choice. But these should be fairly supportive foods such as veggie subway sandwich (yes Mina, those ARE addicting!!! Bret and I always have them STUFF it with lettuce, yum!), Thai stir fry with brown rice, hmmm I'll have to put my thinking cap on.

*Foods to AVOID:
Sugar
Dairy
Meat
Refined/Overly processed food (mostly comes in a box or bag)
Wheat
Rice (for me, makes me feel ill)

*Track what I eat, every day. You guys will help keep me accountable this way!

The funny thing is, most of what I've written here is what is recommended for optimal health anyway. It's not really a fat/weight loss program at all - it's what we should all be doing, for crying out loud! (except for the vegan part maybe) Just really hard to do, to stay away from all the *other* yummy things out there.

Tomorrow I am planning to go running since I've already done 3 workouts this week. Saturday running, and Sunday running. Monday I'll start the FYM workouts and I'm excited to see results!

No comments:

Post a Comment