Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Week 22, Day 6 - 9th day Raw, DOUBLE workout this morning!

Sometimes the stars align and it just works out perfectly for me to get up early and go running. This morning was one of those times...Jack came in my room crying from a bad dream, at ... 5:50am. Argh. But it was OK - usually I go right back to sleep but this morning I was basically drumming my fingers TRYING to go back to sleep but it wasn't working.

I lay there with DH sleeping beside me thinking of the crisp, cool summer morning air out there...and how much I enjoy long distance running at a steady pace listening to good music. I couldn't just LAY there anymore so I got up & just decided to go for it.

Felt awesome, of course - as usual! I ran almost 4 miles at a 11:39 minute pace which is GOOD for me - I was able to up my pace and ran pretty good & hard especially the last 1 1/2 miles. No word of warning from my body so all is well!

When I got back, instead of stretching, I dived right into my Fit Yummy Mummy bodyweight workout since today is my day for that. It was nice not to have to stretch, just using the workout to stretch my leg muscles especially. It was challenging but not impossible by any means, to do it after my run. I might do that again sometime...I really want to continue running at least 2-3x per week so I don't lose my distance I've gained, running 3-5 miles each time.

I am noticing that when I eat SAD food the night before, especially if it is emotional-related eating, I get pretty mad at myself and the next morning am just CHOMPING at the bit to get that stuff out of my system by a good, hard workout. I know that exercise does not burn all the calories I ate, but it DOES help, and it also helps to flush the toxins and junk out of my bloodstream. So I feel good about that, and am going to juice my veggies in a few minutes to start my day off right!

Today is my doctor's appointment, at 10am. It's 30 min away and I get to take all 6 younger kids with me...since Rachel is not here to babysit. So it'll be a busy morning, but I am looking forward to a NAP in the afternoon after we go to the school for lunch.

PS I am really looking forward to hitting that 24 week mark in just 9 more days! I just think it's kind of cool to be able to say that I am still running and am 6 months pregnant. =) SEVEN months pregnant is even cooler, but for now 5 months pregnant sounds kind of....wussy. (for me) lol

No comments:

Post a Comment