Sunday, July 24, 2011

Chanting, "it WILL be a good day, it WILL be a good day.."

...even though my feelings are most decidedly *not* with me right now. Funny how grumpy heat can make you!! Today has gone fabulously well except for when I came home from church and had in my hands a casserole given to us from a church friend - Zita. Which is basically exactly like lasagna...my favorite. I had a moment of weakness and had a spoonful..and another...and another.

I started to feel that roving animal instinct where I eat cooked and then decide to screw it all and eat whatever I want, stuff myself silly. INSTEAD I made a big 'ol chocolate shake, it was the most perfect consistency ever!! Consistency is always different depending on how many ice cubes, the size of the frozen bananas, etc. That totally got me back on the straight & narrow, so except for that little blip on the radar, I've done great since then eating-wise.

Attitude-wise, rrrr, I can totally tell I ate cooked food, esp the meat, blah. Plus the heat has all the kids on edge - they didn't like the Zita for dinner so wanted cereal instead, too bad for them. But it made them grumpy. And the house is still in the "aftermath" stage of the whirlwind of getting everyone ready for church - I decided to have Rachel12 do all the dishes since she "forgot" to do them last night while she was babysitting.

Actually, she informed me that because I didn't "tell" her to do them, she didn't have to. Even though, um, it CLEARLY states on the calendar that it was her night to do them. Hmmm. So now at least the dishes are done, but the kitchen still looks not quite up to par - she didn't exactly clean anything after doing the dishes. The new floor looks trashed cuz of water tracked in on dirty feet, and I don't have a mop so...if I want to clean it I have to get on my hands & knees and wash it by hand.

OR hire a child to do it. Hee hee.

So my feelings are not with me, I kind of just want this day to be OVER - I'm going to tackle the house & an interval run in the morning when it's cool. It's not super duper hot out, but still mid 80's to US in the northwest where we've pretty much had rain all summer so far, feels hotter than the dickens lol!

In one hour, though, I get to go to a girls' night out celebration for my friend Elmina at Raindrops on Roses - we're celebrating her reaching 50 pounds lost! Yay! So that'll be nice, I just need to somehow get through the next hour...I wonder if I just went in my room and locked the door and put my covers over my head --- if the kids would notice my absence? And behave? As in, not get into anything and make big messes? Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment