Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week 21, Day 5 - First day of eating raw = success!

So far today, doing WONDERFULLY on raw. I feel great, and of course part of that is knowing I'm DOING something and not just wallowing in wishing things were different but then chowing down on something bad for me!

So far I have made and drank 25oz of vegetable juice - today's consisted of beets, celery, carrots, cucumber, lemon, apple, and it wasn't very good. LOL. But I know it was good FOR me, so that's what counts! There are some better combo's in the book that I'm going to try - I kind of just pulled everything out of the fridge that I had and combined it. Live & learn, lol!

I had one small tomato and also a 32oz chocolate shake. Yum! After naptime I plan to enjoy a big salad - it's nice cuz that is one of my fave afternoon meals, and at the same time I can make a nice salad for DH's dinner and have it ready in the fridge. I will probably have a green smoothie around dinnertime, and then enjoy some blueberries later in the evening.

The plan was to run a 5k this morning but then Rachel spent the night at Grandma's...and Bret is leaving at 5:45 every morning this week for work. So that got bumped to tomorrow, and then I plan to run every other day for the rest of the week to get in my quota of 3-4 runs per week.

Still need to skin brush today...I'll probably do that tonight before bed.

Oh! I weighed in at 145.0 but I'm going to fudge that number a little tiny bit and call it 144.9. =) Just for the sake of peace of mind...it's a good starting number, I think. Plus I DID have pizza and ice cream later in the day yesterday so I know it's still in my system (pizza is all gone now, thankfully, and so is the fudge so just plain vanilla ice cream isn't all that appealing to me anyway).

Looking forward VERY much to having 3-4 raw days under my belt and around 1 week's time, starting to see some changes! Can't wait!

PS it is AMAZING the power that comes when you do a challenge with someone. We're going blueberry picking together later this week and I am looking forward to that - it's fun when you find someone who is in the same place as you - in this case, doing low fat raw vegan as well as being pregnant as well as running! Pretty cool. =)

Update @ 11:25pm:

Today was a complete success...very happy! Here's what I had to eat:

25oz of green juice
1 small tomato
32oz chocolate shake
big huge salad
60oz green smoothie
9 dates
2 cups of blueberries

Looking back on my day, I didn't have very much juicy fruit. Interesting! I didn't plan it that way...but the huge salad is a favorite of mine, as is the chocolate shake. The green smoothie and green juice are a necessity and both did include fruit, but I never actually sat down and ate just fruit, except for the blueberries super late at night since I couldn't sleep. The dates were cuz I was craving something SWEET after eating the savory salad.

Overall, good day - I wonder how many calories I had? But eh, too much work to count them all, especially when you make a big salad and eat like 3/4 of it...and also when you juice things. Too complicated - I love how simple raw is! C you tomorrow! (and you can bet your toosh I'm going to be weighing each day, I'll let you know how that goes too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment