Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Week 22, Day 5 - 8th day Raw & new upcoming event

So, DH called me today and said that we're invited to a co-worker of his 25th anniversary outdoor event/party on Saturday. These types of things I LOVE because they automatically make me want to kick it up a notch so that I feel my best on that day. I have had my share of feeling insecure about how I look and I HATE that. Well, who doesn't, ha ha! But if I take the rest of this week with a storm of 100% raw, I will know I've done my best and that's all I can do! And be confident in that.

5 days after that, is my sister in law's birthday dinner -- who I haven't seen in months and months, I think actually it's been since Christmas?? I can't remember. So I'll be motivated to continue on - and then after that is my main goal of Aug 20th which is the wedding, then the next weekend DH & I are going to Portland to spend 2 nights as a kind of last overnight trip b4 the baby comes -- even though it's not for 3 months after that, that I'm due, lol! But I plan on looking and feeling my best for that too, so lots to stay motivated about!

Today I did my in-house intervals for 20 minutes, felt great about that and my legs were complaining bigtime...too bad so sad! I can feel YESTERDAY'S workout in my butt, LOVE that! I love feeling the muscles I've worked out hard, because it reminds me that that exact muscle is getting more toned. Who doesn't want a toned butt? Hee hee

Drank my green juice, then had 2 apples, 5 bananas, and 4 cups of blueberries after that. I don't know if I'll have my chocolate shake yet today - but I suspect I'll save that to savor over a movie after the kiddos go to bed. Rachel12 is gone for the rest of the week to the beach (she stays up later than we do usually!) and DH is gone fundraising for our church tonight so it'll be a quiet evening with just me & James10 who loves to play on the computer uninterrupted. The key to making this a really nice evening, for me, is to CLEAN and get it all done right after dinner so that it feels like a sanctuary. NOT a stressful forget-about-the-dirty-kitchen evening, y'know? Oh, and candles!! Must have candles!

My MIL was kind enough to come babysit so I could go blueberry picking by myself, it was such a luxery in the warm sun, in the field by myself!! I picked 3.5 pounds and they are yummy...$1.05 a pound for u-pick near our home.

I also stocked up majorly on veggies to juice - and hit a big score with tons of bananas for 33c a pound. Also bags of 4 cucumbers & zukes for $.50 each because they're going to turn in a few days...perfect for juicing tomorrow! Maybe I'll juice twice tomorrow since I have so much produce that needs to be used up now, before it goes bad.

Ok. Signing off for now, gonna' work my little heart out for the next THREE hours making dinner, putting away produce, cleaning, laundry, cleaning......cleaning....I might even whip up a green smoothie to drink while I'm whirlwind cleaning if my energy starts to sag. Then, put the kiddos to bed and relax to a good movie or show before I retire to bed.

OOooooooo right after I published this, I went outside and the kids had spread out a blanket and opened 3 top raman packets and made a big, fat mess. Ugh. WHY is it that all of a sudden I just want to make like THREE garlic cheese tortillas cooked to perfect crunchiness and CHOW DOWN??? Like my night is ruined by one little problem? Huh. Guess I'm more of a wuss than I thought!

Well anyway, I am going to continue on with my plans, no matter what. I might make a salad later though, for the sake of some fresh ground pepper and contrast to all the fruit I've been eating. I feel quite satiated in natural sugar and need something spicy! Or maybe just plain ol slices of tomato with salt & pepper on them would do the trick. I think I will try that.

So - another flipout moment regarding food. There's no other way I can explain it, it's like I completely just CRACK in regards to my discipline and HAVE to eat something that is not raw. Or plant based. Or healthy. The pressures of my life just become too much, I guess - and something HAS to give.

Jen, I think you've been there before....and it is an encouragement to me looking at you now, knowing how you've accomplished your goal DESPITE moments like this! I think part of it has to do with having lots of littles around - I feel like my entire day consists of dealing with them, feeding them, doing things FOR them - and also denying myself of food that I love and enjoy...egads! It's rough. But so worth it in the end, obviously, thus my "stumbling forward" attempts rather than sprinting forward. Or going backwards. I like the stumble forward analogy because it creates a picture of someone who is NOT perfect, who does NOT have it all together, who can't even run in a straight line forward to the goal, for heaven's sake!

But ah, a stumble forward -- THAT I can do. Slowly but surely - and I know that if I can do 2 1/2 days of 100% on plan and then flip out, well, that's only 2x per week if you look at it that way, lol! That's eating 90% good, and that will definitely get me somewhere.

So now I'm done, no more chocolate or quesedillas or cheetos. Next up, fast until bedtime and do my workout in the morning...all raw tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Very motivating. |When we got home from conference I kinda crashed and ate stuff that made me feel worse:):) Just now finally 100% back on track to where i sould be. Stumbling forward is definately a great analogy! Love it...cause every tiny step FORWARD is not a step BACKWARD no matter how small that step may seem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, I totally know what you mean by the whole CRACK in regards to discipline. I have been doing that a lot this last few weeks. I feel so weak when it comes to saying "no" to food that tastes so YUMMY!! I hope we have more luck in the future. We need more motivation maybe.

    ReplyDelete