Thursday, July 21, 2011

Wanna hear something cool? It's about maternity clothes...

So my sister in law gave me 2 BIG tubs full of maternity clothes, all folded very compact and nice. I was excited! Yay! Only thing is...

...not one.single.thing. fit me! Not one. Hmmmm. It was actually kind of cool and inspiring - they were mostly size Mediums & Larges - which is just about the size that I *always* wore in maternity when I was pregnant and eating 100% SAD food for my first 5 pregnancies. They were cute clothes, too - lots of skirts, lots of pants, tops...all things that I need, but I they just swam on me.

So after I was done, I pulled back on my size 2 (!!) Gap maternity pants and realized that even though I FEEL like I am larger than a seal sometimes, I am actually pretty small still. As in, small boned - small person type small. YES I have cellulite in ABUNDANCE where I didn't have it before, and YES I have more flab on different parts of my body than I did BEFORE I GOT PREGNANT, but not MORE than I had in my last two fabulous pregnancies.

So I was encouraged in that, even though I didn't end up being able to get any new maternity clothes after all. Waaah! (but a good waah =)

2 comments:

  1. You look great:) A very healthy pregnant mama and your face glows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes. Why does it take us so many pregnancies to finally figure it out. This 6th pregnancy was the best ever and the least amount gained because I was eating healthier. I felt better...AND...I wasn't able to fit all my other bigger maternity clothes. I actually was able to still wear my other clothes and just unzip the pants a little.

    I love reading about your pregnancy. Makes me want to get pregnant again!

    ReplyDelete