Friday, July 22, 2011

Week 22, Day 1 - 4th day of Raw ~ Pregnancy Intervals...hmmm...

So because of eating that @$%@$^@ food last night, I especially wanted to get some cardio in this morning. I felt like crap all night long - ugh - I dearly paid for those moments of enjoyment eating whatever I felt like! NOT to be repated again anytime soon, for sure!

My babysitter spent the night at Grandma's so I couldn't go running, but instead I did intervals - which are REALLY great for having a kick butt workout when you're pretty mad that you gave in the night before. I don't know if it really does get it out of my system, but it sure fuels my energy when I'm mad at myself, ha ha!

So....intervals.

While pregnant.

Interesting thing, that! Much different feel than before, let me tell you! My go-to and all time fave interval workout consists of doing an exercise for 30s, then resting for 60s. Repeat for 15 minutes - alternating 4 different exercises. THREE of which involve jumping - like jumping jacks.

There's only one that feels comfortable to me now, waah! Jumping types are just too weird feeling - uncomfortable but I can't really pinpoint why. It just is, so I'll refrain from those for now.

I'm trying to think of something else I can do besides that one "ice skating" movement cuz it gets boring AND my legs start to burn and KILL about 10 minutes into it. But maybe that's the point?

At the end, my face was beet red, I was breathing fairly good, and sweat was a-comin' down my face. So all good there - mission accomplished! And in just 15 minutes too, can't beat that! It makes me want to go back to my routine of working out 3x a week and doing intervals 3x a week...I'll bet I could do intervals pretty well if I did them in sprints when I'm running. Like maybe 15m of interval sprinting, then run...making it a total of 3 miles. I like that idea, I think I might try it tomorrow.

I'm still running into the problem of looking down at my legs and seeing so much cellulite where there was little to none before. And knowing that whatever workouts I do to build muscle, I won't even be able to SEE it because I am not in the process of getting lean right now, or losing fat. I mean I AM trying, but it's going to happen on a very very miniscule level, if anything. So it's kind of deflating and makes me want to just do cardio until after the baby comes cuz, what's the point?

Today my hope is to have TWO servings of green juice (one in the morning, one in the afternoon probably) instead of one to jumpstart cleaning out my system from the crappy food eaten last night, and also to have green smoothies and blueberries, since we're going picking today (finally it's a nice day!). That means skipping my chocolate shake & salad...we'll see. I look forward to the shake so much, so we'll see.

Now, to go take a shower...am I the only one that HATES taking showers?? Like, really hates it. It's not bad once I get in of course, but blah, the whole process is just really annoying especially when I was totally clean this morning from yesterday's shower and the only reason I *have* to take a shower is cuz I worked out. The lazy self in me wants to just sit here and blog...and maybe next time skip the workout altogether so I don't HAVE to shower...rrrr.

Discipline is good, my dear, discipline is GOOD.

1 comment:

  1. you are amazing! you are doing all that while pregnant? I only did sprints for the first 12 weeks and I usually have to stop running at about 18 weeks cause it starts to hurt then I may switch to elliptical. I wish I could go longer.

    I hear you about showering. It's annoying to me too.

    ReplyDelete