Thursday, July 21, 2011

....and enter the cinnamon rolls into the picture...!


So here's where the rubber meets the road. And where in prior circumstances, I would have chosen to *add* fat to my butt & thighs in the form of cinnamon rolls! My dear friend Rosy M. dropped off 12 big fat juicy yummy frosted cinnamon rolls for the family to enjoy. Oh, my.

I've been known several times this pregnancy to drive to the nearest grocery store JUST to buy fresh made cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting - and promptly ate like, 2 of them. Or maybe 3? Maybe it was 3. Over the course of the day, anyway.

Yowza. And I wonder why my weight gain is creeping up? Granted, I didn't do it ALL the time, maybe 3x max over the course of the last 20 weeks, but still.

In the past, especially when someone has given us food like that, YUMMY food that we rarely get, it's extremely hard for me to say no. I rationalize that we don't get it very often, that the kids can only have one half each which of course leaves tons left just sitting there.

That's also why meals after baby are hard for me to resist - very good minded people bring over dinners and meals and it is SO WELCOMED - I am so grateful!! But it's also hard for me to say no because everything is already prepared and so delicious sounding when you're dealing with postpartum hormones, lack of sleep, and breastfeeding. =)

Anyway, all this to say that I am currently munching on cherries and plan to make a chocolate shake later to deal with any cravings these cinnamon rolls are trying to create. =) Annalise, I promise I will not give in!! =)

2 comments: