Sunday, July 24, 2011

Week 22, Day 3 - 6th day Raw & ahhhhh date night!

My friends, what a wonderful day I had yesterday!!!!! It was like the most perfect day ever in the life of a raw LIFESTYLE. I say lifestyle because that is what I am striving for, I realized. I can't be 100% STRICTLY raw for the rest of my pregnancy, but I *can* be 100% most of the time with a few good "other" decisions once in a while. For me, those other decisions are social occasions, but very rare ones at that. It is important for me to be able to look forward to and make good food decisions but also be able to be semi-normal during these times. Actually the main thing I'm talking about is date nights. =)

So yesterday I woke up at 9am and the house was still sleeping for the most part, so I siezed the moment and did my interval run. LOOOOOOOOVED it!!! I felt back to my old self when I did that routine, the old self that was disciplined and did it 3-4x per week without fail and LOST SIGNIFICANT WEIGHT in the process. Brought back memories running my old route and it felt just plain ol grand!

Even though I woke up hungry, I ran on an empty stomach with a good drink of water...worked out fine, I felt great. I power walked for 5 min, then sprinted for 40s, and rested for 60s for the next 15 minutes. I was definitely rusty but most of all, I was PREGNANT and I could tell! My sprints were not smooth, they were kind of, well, waddle-ish lol! I loved it though, and finished up just in time to jog up & down the 3 hills at the end for about 4 minutes, then sat at my normal resting place for 5 minutes immediately following as per instructed in fitnessblackbook.com. Then, powerwalked the rest of the way home, 20 min, for a total distance of 3.5 miles.

What a way to start my day!! I love love LOVED power walking as opposed to running - it is such a pleasant way to do cardio...and gives me more opportunity to pray, to think. I like that I got the running out of the way. =) But I still do enjoy running so it has it's place, just not after intervals. lol

The rest of the day I had 32oz of green juice, biiig salad, lots of blueberries, and then we went on our date! We went to Baja Fresh where I was super careful. I had stir fried veggies, guac, salsa, pico de gillo, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, black beans, and all of this on 5 small corn tortillas. It was their veggie fajitas of which I told them no rice, no cheese, and no sour cream. I also had 4 chips and felt pretty good afterwards - I didn't finish my plate, too full, my tummy felt a little squeamish but not bad at ALL compared to when I ate all that bread, meat, cheese, and sugar the other night.

We then went to a sweet little cafe and sat outside and talked for about an hour, I ordered a glass of red wine and enjoyed that very much! I usually just have maybe 1 glass per month when I'm pregnant and feel ok about that. It was balmy out and really nice...our movie started at 9:50 so we had some time! I had taken the time to straighten my hair and put on a little makeup and because of my diligence in raw & exercising the past week, felt really good about myself...it felt nice to have some of that confidence back. DH said I was beautiful when we were sitting there...that totally MADE the night for me. =) He rarely says that!

At the movie, Thor, I decided to order & split dessert with DH...aaaahhh it really topped the evening off!!! I ordered my fave, peanut butter mountain - whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, brownies, reese's peanut butter cups, and hot fudge. Totally sinful but totally dreaaaamy. I ate half, and afterwards did feel the normal faster pulse but did NOT feel really awful! I'm glad for the ability to only have half, and am excited about my choices because since they seemed to work, I can look forward to the same again. =)

Today I am EXTREMELY sore from the past 2 days of doing intervals at home, and sprint intervals. So I'm calling it a rest day, and plan to do my next workout tomorrow. 100% raw for me again today, beginning with my green juice soon!

PS DH took a couple of pictures of us which I would love to share but he's sleeping and I can't figure out how to send them from his phone to mine so...I'll update this when that happens. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment