Friday, July 22, 2011

Blueberry picking, calling the police...all in a day's work!

Today has been crazy busy, wow, I feel like I just need to put my feet up!! The morning was nice, though - I was able to sleep in and then do my interval workout which, I suspect is going to make me pretty sore tomorrow morning.

Got the kiddos ready, headed out to the school for lunch at noon, then over to Macleay to pick up Rachel12 & my sister Destiny11 - then to the blueberry field where we were able to get 14 pounds of blueberries for $12.50! Wowsa! Super yummy although it was tricky cuz alot of the berries ARE blue, but when you turn them over they're still that sour looking reddish color.

The kids did really well, we stayed there for about an hour until my tummy started feeling heavy and I could tell it was time for a nap!

Came home, saw that the neighbor girl6 was home so I told Marie5 she could go see if she could play. Brought Harmony2 in, put her down for a nap, and heard Marie really crying. Like she had really gotten hurt - I rushed outside and found her friend's mom (and the two little girls) on my porch crying...I won't get into it, but basically it was a physical domestic issue between the Mom & Dad, and she told me to call 9-1-1.

I am pretty calm in times of emergency, actually probably TOO calm - I told her yes, I'd call 9-1-1 and then shut the door in her face after bringing Marie to me and comforting her. Oops! Not very nice of me, but at the time I didn't want her or the issue to enter my house - there's kind of a spirit that comes with that kind of thing, you know? I don't know...mama instinct I guess.

Marie had witnessed something?? I don't know, she said she was just crying because the Dad had thrown something and the Mom was crying so it scared her and her friend. I don't think she actually was in the house but who knows...either way, I don't care WHAT they say, my girls are not allowed to go over there anymore. But their friend can come here, no problem.

Police = scary to me. I am always paranoid that someone is going to call them on us for some reason or another, especially with so many kids - I mean, you just never know 1) what kids can say and 2) what people observe your kids doing and feel the need to step in. You know? And my house...of course I panicked and was like OMG is my house clean enough??? For the POLICE??

I knew they would come talk to me. But turns out they were super nice, and didn't come in my house at all anyway, but it was nice to have an excuse for a little whirlwind cleaning just in case. =) I'm happy to say though, that eating raw has enabled me to clean much more than normal, and I was pretty happy/okay with house my house looked. That's a yay for me!

But I was also praying alot - I hate being in emergency type situations like that, and I'm thankful that God is always and ever watching and aware, and takes care of us. However, my blood pressure INSTANTLY rose and I was no longer hungry, even though I was hungry on the way home and looking forward to sitting down to a nice salad. Not gonna' happen - my heart was pounding for like an hour after, plus I was cleaning...so I just went ahead and made another big green juice - 32oz - and drank that.

My 3 older kids are gone this afternoon to various birthday parties/play dates so it's especially quiet right now, since the 2 little ones are napping. Just the 5 & 7 year old girls are up watching a quiet movie. I should go try to lay down for a bit....

No comments:

Post a Comment