Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Week 21, Day 6 - 2nd day of raw & MAJOR produce stockup!

This morning I woke up super hungry! The last thing I felt like eating or drinking or making, was green juice but I did it anyway. I'm pretty determined to do that for 30 days in a row and see if my skin improves at all.

I was also supposed to go running, rrrrrr. I am just not feeling it these days! I don't know why - it was a beautiful morning too, but I was just so.very.tired this morning when the clock said 7:30. Just not ready to get out of bed and go running. I don't know if it gets worse the more I put it off, or if I'll be able to get back in the groove? I hope I will, I really do.

Eating, though, is going fantastic! YES I am tempted by all manner of things - super random things pop in my head that sound really good, but it really is just mild and I am not chomping at the bit or sitting on my hands to keep from eating any of it. So far today I have had 3 big bananas, green juice (cuke-apple-beet-carrots), and a chocolate shake.

DH texted me to say that he is down SIX POUNDS after just 2 days of eating low calorie, healthy vegetarian food - and also he has switched up his running to include more hills. Not fair though, huh? He's trying to lose 12-15 pounds in 5 weeks for the big Hood to Coast race which goes from the mountains to the beach, running in teams. I'd say he's well on his way! So motivating for him!

I, on the other hand, weighed in just 6 ounces less than yesterday. Poo. That's OK though, I just need to relax and let go and see how things go in the next 28 days. 144.4 this morning.

DH & I got invited to Famous Dave's BBQ for a birthday gathering on August 4th. Hmmmm. I am not sure if I'm going to stick with 100% raw or have something like grilled salmon or maybe even just bbq'd corn on the cob with no butter. Whatever it is, it'll be low fat and as plain as I can get away with! I don't want to be the stick in the mud but at the same time, how badly do I want to see results with this 30-day challenge? That's 15 days from now, I will be solidly more than halfway through ... I guess we'll see. I might just be realllllly lame and bring my own container of something yummy like cut up watermelon or maybe a fruit salad. Just so I can actually be eating something when everyone else does, you know?

After THAT we're all supposed to go to the Cheesecake Factory for dessert. Pretty much nothing on that menu is agreeable to eating raw unless of course I get the infamous go-to "plain" salad with no dressing (but I could bring my own). The dilemma is that my OWN salads are so delicioso that why on earth would I pay like $8 for a PLAIN one? Lame-o.

This is where eating raw, and exclusively raw for the sake of HEALTH, becomes extremely annoying. You can't really have a normal social life and enjoy the things you used to enjoy (such as going to a restaurant and perusing over the menu and choosing whatever suits your fancy like everyone else). If you DO, then you compromise your health and the degree of health that you've been working towards faithfully, day in & day out, not giving in to temptation. It brings you back to ground zero because then you have all the toxins to get rid of and your body has to work hard once again to rid itself of junk.

On the other hand, if you are eating raw primarily to be healthy but also not to gain weight in pregnancy such as I am, then small allowances such as one night eating "healthy" low fat cooked are allowed. And then, you can have a life! Only problem with that, is it is dangerously close to just getting off the wagon altogether since your body is once again introduced to sensations and tastes it has long since forgotten from many days of eating simply fruits & veggies.

K so on to other things - Lucy from England was here this morning to help me out and I took the opportunity to leave for some much needed grocery shopping! I am so excited about everything I got, I can hardly wait until I'm hungry again so I can make my next scrumptious raw meal!

I'm most excited about the 2 BIG bags of cut spinach I got - so I can make more salads and easily make green drinks. I can also juice it, too. The other thing though, is 2 big bags of oranges...I have been dreaming of fresh squeezed ICE COLD orange juice lately - so I'm looking forward to that.

I found a big bunch of bananas for 33c per pound at Norman's and grabbed all of them - maybe 10 pounds worth. I'll be freezing some, giving the kids some, and they're also nice to grab and eat on the run like when we went to the park today and I was SUPER hungry but there was no pre-made smoothie waiting for me.

Other finds - peaches, nectarines, plums (all 3 mix & match for 89c/lb), bright red cherries, and then lots & lots of veggies for juicing, mainly cukes-celery-carrots. In all I spent $60 - yikes - alot of that was the above mentioned summer fruit. I didn't buy any watermelons either, as Costco was out of them --- I need to be careful what I spend, our $$ is low now until we get paid on the 5th. Yikes, 2 weeks away. I should probably eat the most perishable things first so wait on the oranges. Waah.

Today is Harmony's 2nd birthday!!!! She was born on the freeway while DH was driving 102 MPH...and then careening around corners FAST as he got off the freeway and tried to drive to meet the midwife in the parking lot of Payless Shoesource. I delivered her myself while he drove, what a wonderful experience that was!! But, NOT to be repeated he has told me several times, ROFL - so I will have to pay more close attention to certain birthing signs with this baby. You can read all about her birth here - it's quite the story!

We're not doing anything special for her birthday today, but Grandma AND the kids want to celebrate it (I lean more towards the camp of "if she doesn't know anything about it, why do anything???? awww super mean mommy!) with her so we probably will maybe on Friday. I just have NO extra money to get her anything right now, not even to buy a cake....poor baby. She's 2nd to last in a long string of 6 summer birthdays and I am worn out from trying to make the other kids' birthdays fun for them. Not to mention the $$$, geesh! No-one ever told me that the older they get, the MORE EXPENSIVE birthday parties get!!

But check out this gorgeous birthday cake, isn't it totally fun looking??? I'm tempted....but I can just see myself taking like 2 hours just to put it together (not to mention the time spent cooking each layer since I can't do them all at once!), and time is so sweet to a Mommy of almost 8. The kids sure would love it though.

For some reason, all I can think of when I see that is the FOOD DYE involved and how bad that's gotta' be for you! Ha ha not like any part of the cake is even remotely good for you in the first place, lol. It's just the dye that makes me nervous since so many health issues are linked to especially the red & blue dye.

My rings seem more loose today. Probably less water retention, I'm thinking. I'll take any small victory in the weight containment department that I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment