Thursday, July 21, 2011

Week 21, Day 7 - 3rd day of raw & JUICING thoughts

Juicing is working out so well for me! I feel SO GOOD about what I'm doing for my body, it is amazing the difference JUST in my head when I drink 25oz of veggie juice instead of a bowl of cereal, for instance. It's like it steers me in the right direction for the day and starts everything out right.

Today's juice was actually pretty yummy - pleasant to drink, even Marie(5) took 2 sips from it. I included:

1 cucumber
4 celery stalks
1/2 small beet (this is a powerful kidney cleanser so I want to be careful...I've gotten too much before and gotten nauseous immediately)
3 carrots
2 small apples (makes all the difference in the taste!!)
1 medium tomato (that was about to turn...might as well use it up!)
1/2 cup of shredded cabbage mix, needed to use it up before it goes bad

I feel like I've already gotten a powerhouse of nutrition for my lil babe this morning and the day has not even started yet! The juicer IS a pain to clean, but it really only takes a few minutes and then it sits there all shiny and clean all day long, waiting for tomorrow morning. =)

This morning I weighed in at 143.6 - yay! I love seeing that 143 number again, and I am also happy with how slowly the scale is moving down - a big giant jump down would be concerning for me, but a few ounces every day seems perfect for losing fat and not baby weight. My goal right now is to get down to at and least maintain 142 lbs for the next 2 weeks. If I do that, I will be bang on my main goal of only gaining 25 pounds for this pregnancy.

I FINALLY went for a run this morning! No, I didn't not want to...ugh. But last night I was watching a movie on my laptop in my bed and DH went to bed at 9:30 - so I had to turn it off and just went to sleep with him. I know that if I go back to going to bed earlier, getting up earlier won't be so hard. And I was right! I was asleep by 10:15 probably after a few interruptions from the kids, and come 6:50 I was waking up and feeling that headachy feeling when you're still tired but know if you continue to sleep it'll be just too much sleep.

So off I went - I was a bit nervous about running 3 miles since I haven't run in a whole week!! But I took it super slow, like as slow as power-walking slow, ran a 5k in 43 minutes, ha ha! Like the world's slowest time EVER. But I didn't care, I regulated my breathing so it wasn't too hard, and when I got back I had worked up a proper sweat and my face was also flushed/red. No hills today either, I did that on purpose. My hope is to go running for the next 3 days in a row but we'll see...grand aspirations usually don't happen in my life, lol!

Today we have on the agenda, possibly blueberry picking - $.85/lb for u-pick! Super good price, and good thing since I only have about $10-$15 to spend. But it's pretty cold & windy out there, and showers are on the horizon, so I don't know...maybe it would be better to wait until tomorrow when it's supposed to be 77 and sunny.

I'll update as I eat today, to document how much and what I eat. =)

25oz veggie juice
2 nectarines & 2 peaches, cut up & drizzled with honey & cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment