Monday, July 18, 2011

Week 21, Day 4 - 30 days of 100% Raw starting....now! (and future preggo weight goals)

Hello, my friends! Been a while! Got back yesterday from a 9-day stay at Macleay for the first vacation week of the summer. Lots of emotions from super nice to be there, to wondering WHAT I was thinking, to soooo thankful I could be a part of it! Hee hee... I'm sure you Moms can relate.

I am actually pretty happy with how I ate - it was FAR from perfect, but there were even a couple of days were I was 100% raw. Some days I ate raw until the infamous SNACK BAR (love to hate that!) where I would inevitably have some ice cream...or fries...or nachos...but not usually a ton. It was at night when I was back in the dorm that I usually had a harder time.

Stepped on the scale fully clothed after eating when I got home and it was 147 so that's not too bad - I figure I'm probably 144-145 in the morning in a fasted state. But I didn't dare weigh myself this morning because I had pizza & ice cream with DH while watching a movie last night, yay! That was super nice...REALLY nice. But not so nice how I felt, ugh.

So we all know how motivating it is to do a challenge with a friend, right? Well, my friend Annalise who I met online and who lives nearby and I've met - is about 6 weeks behind me pregnancy-wise, and also has been raw on & off in the past. It's pretty cool because she also has a SAD pregnancy and a raw pregnancy under her belt so she KNOWS the difference just like me. I know what going all raw will do - it's amazing! It's just so darn hard to stick to it, dang it!

But anyway, I have a wedding coming up that DH & I are going to on August 20th...it's for his best friend growing up, and alllll these people that he grew up with that I haven't seen since we got married. Or never even met at all. So of COURSE I want to look good, feel GREAT, fantastic in fact - I want to rock this 8th pregnancy! =)

I'm looking for a dress that I love, that will look great and I can also wear to other occasions - something like this one:

Only not in red...red is not my color. Waaah! Otherwise I would probably buy it, I LOVE it! So that style is what I'm looking for, fitted from the torso up, about knee length, with a full skirt. And not too spendy! I think I'm going to take a day and scour all the consignment stores in the area that have maternity clothes - doesn't it make sense that there are other Mamas out there who have had weddings to go to, and bought a nice dress, only to wear it once and then had their baby and...uh...now what do I do with it? Sell it, of course!=) I also checked out Ebay but it's just really hard to SEE the dress when it's not on a mannequin.

My goal is to be 100% raw until the wedding day. That is 30 days away. So, I guess that means, raw for 30 days!

I also wanted to say that I am challenging myself to 30 days in a row of veggie juicing in the morning. I want the raw glow! So my main goals for the next 4 weeks is to:

1) juice every morning - probably mostly cucumbers, beets, carrots, and celery
2) skin brush each day(such a pain to do but I'm going to focus on the RESULTS I'll get from it)
3) run at least 3 miles 3-4x per week - focusing on the tingling fresh skin glow this gives, feels sooo great!!
4) one vitamix full of green smoothie per day (so basically 2 big fistfulls of greens)
5) focus on low fat raw, mostly, but not necessarily exclusively (I love avocadoes but feel BEST on 80-10-10)
6) Drink drink drink water!! Lots & lots of water...whenever I think of it, guzzle that wonderful stuff down. =)

It's going to be challenging for me because I have gotten used to enjoying a plant based dinner with Bret - like stir fry with rice, or herbed potato wedges. BUT on the other hand, I SWEAR, if I can't go 100% raw in the summer, what the heck?? Something is WRONG with me, lol! All year long I wait for blueberries, watermelon, cherries...so I really and honestly have no excuse. But I'm so glad Annalise is doing it with me, it really really helps!

I'm also kicking around the idea of doing an orange juice fast day, and also a bananas only day or two. Most of my meals are mono meals (meaning the meal consists of only one fruit, and lots of it - like a huge bowl of peaches, or just watermelon, or 2lbs of blueberries for breakfast, hee hee!) anyway, but I think it would be nice to give my body an extra boost to cleanse. Maybe a watermelon only day too.

I am hoping also, to get my weight back down to the 130's. No, I don't want to LOSE WEIGHT as in dieting and all that, but I do think that I have gained just a little more than I should right now - according to where I am at, compared to my last 2 pregnancies. This should happen naturally anyway, from going raw - I won't be restricting calories in the least. Just yummy fresh fruit & vegetable goodness, as much as my little heart desires! I think the absence of salt, and processed food in any form, is going to flush out some of that undesired fat on it's own.

I also have never posted my weight goals on here. These are my loose goals for the rest of the pregnancy according to my hope of only gaining 25 pounds this pregnancy. So here goes!

Starting weight: 127
Current weight, week 21: 144

To reach my goal, I will have to be this weight at these weeks of pregnancy:

Week 23: 142
Week 25: 143
Week 28: 144
Week 31: 145
Week 33: 146
Week 36: 148
Week 38: 150
Week 40: 152

Aaaaand then, if I lose 15 pounds within 2 weeks of having the baby like I have with my last 2 babies, I'll only have 10 pounds to go until my pre-pregnancy weight, and 17 pounds to go to reach 120 pounds which is where I was at my best, last Christmas.

It's fun to speculate and dream and see where I *could* be...my loose goal is also to start power walking at about 3 weeks postpartum, starting slow. Working my way up to being able to run again and/or workout by 6 weeks postpartum. If the baby is born in December, which I think it will be if it comes at my normal 6 days late (due date is Nov 25) then that gives me all of December to recuperate, and to rest.

January I plan to ease into working out and get into more of a routine hopefully, we'll see...and then hit it hard from February-May and see if I can be back down to my normal pre-pregnancy self just in time for summer.

I'm not so sure about the whole breastfeeding factor though, because calories & fasting is the way that works WONDERS for me, and I have no idea how to factor that in with breastfeeding especially since I always have a milk supply problem as it is! We'll see.

And now, gotta' go take a shower so we can make it to the school in time for the free lunch program for kids. C ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment