Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week 13, Day 3 - Ran 2.5 miles today! (and poor sick little babies)

My week recap:

Monday - 1x Weight training
Tuesday - 30 min fast walk w/stroller
Wednesday - 1x Weight training + 30 min fast walk w/stroller
Thursday - 45 min fast walk w/stroller
Friday - day off
Saturday - ran 1.5 miles
Sunday - ran 2.5 miles

I feel really happy with how this past week went - except that I wanted to get in 3x of weight training...but that's ok, it went well for the first week "back" I think! Plus, my goal was to do cardio 4x and I ended up doing it 5x so that's great!

I'm thinking about doing a race with Bret, 3.2 miles (5k) in a few weeks. That'll keep me motivated and running - we'll see. It just feels good to look in the mirror and think BIG DOUBLE UGH but then - to just KNOW that I'm doing something about it, you know? That is half the battle, half the feeling of success, really!

My goal is to keep upping the distance that I run, by about 1 mile per week. So in 3 weeks by June 15th or so - to be steadily running 5 miles. I'll probably just keep it at 5 miles 4x per week, unless I feel like I can do more. Sometimes it feels like that, like it did today - I could have just kept on going even longer!

Only problem: I need to get an ipod. Running in my neighborhood is lovely - early morning air, beautifully manicured yards with many different combos of flowers and fragrances in the air. So that part I really enjoy, but I get bored so easy. The run becomes long...I'm not really to the point yet where I can just kind of zone out and pray or think about things yet - I'm still to the point where I'm working on putting one foot in front of the other and pacing myself, pacing my breathing, concentrating on running, you know?

I have a Victoria's Secret gift card for $50 I got from Bret, which I was looking forward to using very much on my little size 1 self! Now...not so much. VS isn't exactly condusive to pregnancy and the major roller coaster your body goes on. My body won't even be back to normal, IF that, for a whole year, depending on how long I nurse.

So my current plan is to sell it for $40 and see if I can find an Ipod on Ebay or Amazon and get some tunes/broadcasts/podcasts to listen to that I know will make the time just fly by.

My littles, Jack & Harmony, have both had fevers for 2 solid days now. It started on Friday morning when I was SO excited to go garage sailing, and he puked first thing when he got up. Then continued to do so the rest of the morning, and Harmony started in during her naptime - one big huge .... okay, won't get into it. =)

Anyway, ever since I have been mama x2 x3 x4 x5 .... I don't really realize how WELL they play on their own until they want me to hold them ALL. THE. TIME. Both of them. I've watched the entire Monster Truck movie like, 3x now. And also the "live" My Little Pony show, twice. Friday I was planted in our big brown living room chair for 5 solid hours holding them. My butt hurt! =)

Lots of prayers for patience and kindness and mercy to their poor little crying selves. And for the olders who don't really get that someone is currently throwing up and I'm trying my best to sooth and keep from getting it from getting on his favorite blankie --- "MOM can I have some of this???? MOM! Mom....!!! MOoooooooooooooom!!!" (kicks the chair because I'm not answering her...)

Today I took a shower (Bret is at the meeting with the older ones) and both of those cute little bugs planted themselves on the floor and proceeded to cry...and cry...and fuss....and ask me things (1 year old) over & over that I didn't know what she was saying. It was actually humorous, I mean - one of those things where you just know it's not going to last forever, and just ... start singing or something. They stopped crying when I got to "I may never march in the infantry". =)

It's super cute when they want to cuddle, but hard when so many other things demand attention. Sometimes it's helpful when Rachel11 thinks Harmony1 is cute because she'll call her over and ask if she wants to sit with her - she's sitting with her now, watching a movie and has been for the last 20 minutes. That would NEVER happen if she was well! Maybe for 2 minutes, or longer if it was naptime.

I hope none of the older ones get it - so far they've held out just fine. Here's to another week of eating well and continuing on with the exercise!

Eats so far today @ 12 noon:

2 peaches
lots of watermelon

4 comments:

  1. I hope your kidlets get well soon! They sure can cling eh?:)
    Sounds like you're really on a roll with all the exercise this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear your week has been a success. I can't even imagine running 5 miles, I can barely go .25 miles without taking a breather. But I do better since I started doing it all. I am still working on doing that 10-day raw thing. Hopefully I can complete it soon. Here's to another successful week(for both of us).

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know...I think people have a misconception of running, though. Did you have to run the mile in school for PE? I HATED that, I felt like I was going to puke when I was done! I was NOT a runner, always thought I couldn't run because I'd also get a major side ache. I wished I could run, though. I could do sprints ok, but running longer distances, it just blew my mind how people could run like that.

    Then Bret told me that his long distance "run" is actually as fast as my power walk probably is! What??!! I was so surprised - and once I learned that THAT is running, I can totally do it now! My run is more like jogging in slow motion, lol. But I can tell my muscles get way more sore because they work harder. Anyway, you should try it sometime just for a little bit, like walk one minute, slow run one minute, then work up to longer.

    Bret told me to run so slow that I would be embarrassed if I saw someone I knew, ha ha! Then you get faster as your body gets used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is what I do now. I walk and warm up...then jog until I am out of breath. Walk until I breath regular and then jog again.

    ReplyDelete