Friday, May 27, 2011

I LOVE RUNNING!!!!!!!!

Wow. I can't believe how much I truly am ENJOYING going for a good run! I do run slower since I am pregnant, or maybe it's just because I am kind of just starting after a really long break? Who cares, it is something I am really starting to enjoy.

I purchased and downloaded the Very Best of Enya CD and listened to that today while I ran - it has been raining alot today but when I ran this evening around 7:40, the sky just had patches of clouds and the air smelled soooo good! Everything had that dewy look after a rain, and the flowers were fragrant. Just beautiful, especially with Enya playing in my ear. =)

I ran for 50 minutes, 3 1/2 miles today. That was my goal for this week, I am happy to have met it! I plan to also run tomorrow and Sunday, the same distance, then next week I'll work on stretching my distance in small increments so that when the week is done, I'll be running 4 1/2 miles. And honestly, while I did feel tired at times - today's run included 3 1/2 hills - I could have definitely continued on even another half mile.

HOWEVER now that I'm sitting down, 20 minutes later....and I got up just now ~ yeah, I'm pretty stiff! But it feels fantastic, I love it. =)

Isn't this tanktop totally cute?? I love it - but not for $39 + shipping. =) But maybe I can find some gently used ones on Ebay...worth a shot, anyway!

2 comments:

  1. totally love the shirt! Here I was googling fitness for myself:) running sounds and feels fabulous but I took the kids to the park again tonight instead:):):) Maybe tomorrow I can squeeze it in:) anyhow I found a cool toning exercise video here: http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/videos/
    It's probably not nearly as intense as what you are used to but I'm thinking for myself it's good enough..let me know what you think...you need no equipment...just a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl!
    Great job running. WOW! :)
    I need to get back in shape. The 3 weeks I took off made it harder at the gym for sure. I think next round I do of hcg, I will get to the gym, but just walk or something???
    anyhow, good job

    ReplyDelete