Saturday, May 7, 2011

Week 11, Day 2 - my Macleay eating game plan

So off I go this morning to spend most of the day at Macleay (our church's retreat center). We've paid for all the meals EXCEPT for mine, but that doesn't mean there won't be temptations, no sir - it's almost HARDER that way because the little ones still get full portions and of course only eat a smidgen of them.

Today I woke up and weighed in at 134 and I am very happy with that! Still holding onto just a 7lb weight gain for the first 11 weeks. Not wanting that # to go up until I'm DONE with my first trimester, AND arming myself with a plan of attack for eating this weekend, I have declared today to be ~ a day of juicy fruits & greens!

Here is my plan:

Breakfast ~ 32oz of fresh squeezed OJ
Pre-make & take with me to meeting/lunch ~ 64oz of OJ based green smoothie + bunch of bananas
Coming home for naptime ~ dive into an ice cold half of a watermelon
After naptime ~ ice cold pineapple, yum!
Pre-make & take with me to dinner/meeting ~ 64oz of green smoothie
Coming home for bedtime ~ watermelon and/or pineapple

Gotta run.........!

Update @ 3:15
I'm back from my morning at Macleay, and ate 2 bananas + 2/3 of my 64oz of green smoothie. I was able to make it through lunch, even though the cheesy broccoli potato soup with cheese bread *was* tempting!

A family at a table next to ours brought their own food and were making those deli sandwiches that I find very hard to resist - with yummy bread, lettuce, cheese, tomato, and sliced deli meat. So on the way home I was really really REALLY considering making & eating one of those.

Instead, I chose to make some more cheezy kale and ate it like a salad - so so good! Totally hit the spot, even though it wasn't the "juicy fruit" I had planned on it "was" greens, and lots of it! I feel good about that choice. =)

Update 9:12pm ~

Whew! What an interesting, exhausting day - especially eating-wise. I'm learning that it is GOOD to plan ahead, but also good not to stress when things go otherwise.

I ended up eating the entire bunch of kale - maybe it was a bit much, or maybe too much cheezy sauce? My stomach was a little upset when I arrived at Macleay for dinner at 5:00. I brought half a watermelon with me, and ended up eating that towards the end of dinner, around 6:30. My stomach was still kind of upset..

...but I decided to drink the whole Baja Fresh cup's worth of the rest of my smoothie anyway, around 7:30. Sometimes with morning sickness things get kind of screwed up because I never know if I'm sick because I ATE or sick because I NEED to eat. Confusing.

Anyway, I took Jack3 & Harmony1 home with me while Bret stayed with the five olders, and went to Lifesource on my way home since Macleay is kind of in that direction anyways. I ended up buying 4 coconut butter 30oz jars for $9.99 each - a better deal than the 12oz jars for $4.99. Still, $40, ouch. But at least I'm stocked for a good while - I hope!

I was looking for Hemp protein powder & Hemp seeds so I could make this yummy chocolate cherry bomb shake that Kristen's Raw blog talks about ALL the time - but the price tag for the smallest container of Hemp powder was $14.99. TOO much for me, not for something I'm not really planning on using very much.

But, ha, speaking of TOO MUCH MONEY, I decided to buy one of the "Righteously Raw" 90% Dark Cacao Caramel chocolate bars - yea, $5.49 each! But I've been eyeing them on Amazon ($6 on there) so thought I'd try one; Kristen raves about them and eats TOO MUCH of them (in her opinion) so that sounded right up my ally, lol!

It wasn't all that good. I don't think I'm that big of a fan of such dark chocolate, and I couldn't even taste the caramel truffle in the middle. In my opinion, the chocolate I make to go with the vanilla cream is wayyyyyy better. Sweeter, more salty, the perfect chocolate, or at least, as perfect as you can get in it's raw version.

I also bought a little mini raw ice cream sandwich again for $2.49 - THOSE are worth it. Really yummy but rich, the perfect ice cream texture, and a better price for a ready-made raw treat.

I also got Hazelnut extract! Totally a whim purchase and also spendy at $5.49 but it looked so intriguing to me - it sounds like it might pair with my chocolate to make a delicious hazelnut chocolate. Maybe with hazelnuts mixed in, too? We'll see, I am also planning to try it in the chocolate shake I like to make too.

ANYWAY, while I was at Lifesource, it is always extremely hard for me to resist their food. They had a Veggie Lasagna that was non-flour everything but did have mozzerella cheese. I ended up getting a square and I don't even (want to) know what it cost, but it was really good. Everything they make is with their own organic ingredients, and just the best of the best. It is now 1 1/2 hours later and I feel totally fine, so apparently that was a good choice.

My food for today:

1 Baja Fresh cup of fresh squeezed OJ
3 bananas
64oz of green smoothie (peaches, strawberries, OJ, spinach, Chlorophyll, bananas, apples - tooooo sweet!!)
1 bunch of kale w/cheezy sauce
2 bites of raw caramel chocolate bar
1 raw ice cream sandwich
1 square veggie lasagna
1/2 watermelon

I'm curious to see what my weight is tomorrow on this rather strange, yet pretty darn healthy eating day I had. Tomorrow I'm going to be armed with another green smoothie for the feast at Macleay - if I can get through it, I will have eaten not one bite of Macleay food the entire weekend and that is a first in many, many moons for me!!! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment