Sunday, May 8, 2011

Week 11, Day 3 - Going out for Chinese

Today so far has been interesting. I made it through the entire weekend without eating any Macleay food, hurray! I didn't even eat any of the salad bar today for lunch, even though I could have, but I didn't want to touch the ranch dressing and the thought of having it plain wasn't appealing enough to make the effort.

Plus, I brought 64oz of green smoothie with me and also ate 3 bananas, so I was pretty full. I had enough energy to last through breakfast, the feast, and empty out our dorm room, and take the kids home while Bret stayed to finish cleaning.

That's when I started getting sick, though - 3pm with only 3 bananas and green smoothie, it just didn't seem like it was enough. I ate 1/4 a watermelon and went to try to take a nap, but couldn't fall asleep - I hate that feeling. But whenever I try and try to sleep but keep thinking about things and getting interrupted by Jack3 asking for raisins (ask Rachel, or I'll get them when I get up)/Marie showing me a flower she picked (No, that is not a good reason to come in here when I'm sleeping), then I just rationalize that it IS nice to lay down, and at least I'm getting *some* rest.

That calms the irritation factor, lol, although I do confess that when Marie left the door wide open and I could distinctly hear Dora sounds, I was tempted to yell at the top of my lungs MARIE SHUT THE DOOR!!!!!! But I remained in rest and didn't. =)

After I got up I felt pretty sick...and still do, at 5:45. We're going out at 6:30 to my Mom's favorite Chinese restaurant for Mother's Day and I'm nervous about that. I haven't gone out to eat since Arizona and the thought/memory makes me ill. But I scouted out the menu online and turns out they are big on pleasing the healthier customers. They offer lots of different options but the best one I could find was a plate of steamed veggies with a ginger vinegar sauce on the side. That's about as close to raw as I'm going to get, and it sounds good so...I'll let you know!

I'm back! It went really well - I got a big plate of lightly steamed veggies, no butter or anything - but it did include quite a few big chunks of onion and whole mushrooms, which I put aside. The ginger vinegar was perfect and very watery but added just the perfect amount of taste to them - I added a splash of soy sauce but just a tiny bit, didn't want to jinx it.

Eats today:

1/3 watermelon
2 cups of sugar snap peas in pod
64oz green smoothie (flax seed, spinach, bananas, apples, peaches)
4 soaked cashews
Plate of lightly steamed veggies w/ginger vinegar

No comments:

Post a Comment