Monday, May 2, 2011

Week 10, Day 4 - Really enjoying eating raw!

I feel SO much better today!!! One whole day of eating 100% raw under my belt seems to have turned things around for me - but then, it's only 9:30am so...lol...we'll see. I tend to get sicker as the day goes by, so here's hoping!

This morning I am enjoying Ani Phyo's coconut pancakes - made with ground flax, coconut butter, pure maple syrup, agave, salt, and water. Then I topped my pancake with a mixture of blended strawberries and dates.

The pancakes do not look OR taste like real pancakes, but they taste quite a bit like the crumble part on top of apple crisp! So....good, with just the right amount of sweet & salty. Definitely a heavier type of thing to eat - it's almost all flax seeds - but if I have a sweet tooth, that's going to be my go-to.

I've been finding all sorts of delicious sounding recipes to try - and it definitely helps to keep me excited about raw. For lunch today I am going to try these Taco Wraps - don't they look good? And all raw too, how much better than that can you get?? Plus, I love mexican food ALOT - especially with Tabasco sauce. =) And avocadoes...mmm. they're very appealing to me lately.



I think I might make regular tacos for the family for dinner tonight - I have 1lb of beef that I can turn into a good amount if I add homemade pinto beans and maybe, maybe onions if I can cut them small enough to get away with it. I have some kids who think onions are like the worst food invented by man, and will painstakingly pick out every single tiny piece. Even though, when cooked long enough, you can't really even taste the onion taste anymore. Silly kids.

I think I have another bag of Costco tortilla chips in the garage...hmmm...if I don't, then I have one package of 10 taco shells which should stretch to like, one per person. Ha ha! Oh well, they like it when I fill up their plate with little piles of lettuce, cheese, meat, and the shell so it should all be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment