Friday, May 13, 2011

Week 12, Day 1 - Good day today!

I'm actually quite astonished at all I was able to do today! I just woke up feeling "ok" and continued on, eating only raw the entire day. Bret took the kids to school and at 9am, I took the 3 little ones garage saleing. I ate about 1/3 pound of grapes while browsing Craigslist looking for sales in the area, and then made up a quick 64oz green smoothie to bring with me.

Which is in itself quite the adventure unbuckling 3 carseats each time, but the two older ones have learned how to do it themselves so that makes it easier for sure. I was super happy with how they didn't complain, were happy with their one thing they're allowed to get at each sale, and apparently I brought enough snacks to stave off the hunger. =) I DID have to go home once to pee and get more water which was annoying, but oh well. =)

We did that for two hours, then stopped by Jen's to bring her umbrella stroller back, and ended up hanging there in the sunshine for about 45 minutes while she made some quick pb&j sandwiches for the kids. That was so nice! She also shared with me 2 bananas which were gladly and quickly consumed - thanks Jen!

Coming home, ouch, still had the hurricane waiting for me from that morning to clean up. Marie and I looked through all the clothes we'd gotten for her, Jack, and Harmony - and then I sat and sorted through all of their clothes. One pile for Goodwill, one pile to sell now (summer), one pile to sell and/or save for fall, and one pile to keep. Whew! That was alot of work just for those three - I still have the four older ones to go through!

I was super tired by then but still needed to eat so I had the rest of my cheezy kale salad...then crashed on the bed to read a book and just R.E.S.T for 20 minutes.

Then, off I went to get the kids at school and we decided to go to the nearby school playground to play - stayed there for about an hour and got VERY dirty.

So, home to CLEAN - the hurricane was, unfortunately, still alive and kicking. All the kids cleaned the main rooms while I vacuumed and swept, and emptied the dishwasher and cleaned the kitchen a bit. I'm always petrified that someone is going to walk in the door when my house looks like that, it's like this fear, so I am always relieved when it looks back to normal again.

Then, baths. Always quite the ordeal. EXCEPT! Two things this time - GRACE who is almost 7, took the entire shower by herself!!! Wow wow wow, that is so awesome! So now my four older ones can take care of cleaning themselves with just a word from me. Baths, I dread - they are backbreaking work for me with lots of wiggling slippery-ness and wetness from splashing.

I quickly washed in a row, one two three - Harmony, Jack, and Marie. No time to play today - we're going to have our Friday movie night! Into their jammies they went, and had a bowl of oatmeal with "sugary" cereal on top (a staple in our house, and wayyy cheaper than pizza, so...we had it for dinner!)

Now...the problem of what to watch tonight. I ran down to Walgreens to rent Arthur and the Invisibles, but it took me 20 minutes round trip with all the stoplights and everything. Rrr. They just started their movie and it's after 8pm.

And whew, I'm tired! Bret picked up Baja Fresh and a movie for us tonight, Country Strong. I do want to watch it but by the time the kids are done with THEIR movie it's going to be almost 10pm. Maybe we can watch it on his laptop while eating Baja Fresh in our bed, that might be fun! I'm a bit leary of eating the Baja Fresh after feeling so great today - but it's just veggie fajitas with corn tortillas. Basically black beans, guacamole, rice, salsa, and peppers/onions. I just don't want to feel like throwing up 10 minutes after I eat it, you know? I am hungry though...

But I'm so tired........

But hey, not sick! I had a few moments of nausea today, and that same overall feeling of not feeling that great, but tonight when it's usually the worst, I am still doing fine. Hmmmm.

Eats today (by the way, yesterday was BAD - I ate everything I shouldn't have so let's just forget about that!):

1/3 pound grapes (SO good!!)
64oz green smoothie (mango, banana, flax, spinach, apple)
2 cups watermelon
1 head of kale w/cheezy sauce

No wonder I'm hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment