Thursday, May 19, 2011

Week 12, Day 7 - Weekly Weigh-in

Whew! Finally got my weight down to 136 so I can officially record it for week 12. Weight So Far:

Week 5: 127
Week 8: 133
Week 9: 130
Week 10: 133
Week 11: 133
Week 12: 136

Officially 9 pound weight gain in the first trimester, 3lbs of it in the last week! And I can sure feel it...my non stretchy khaki non maternity pants size 5 are getting almost too tight for me to wear in public. The zipper won't even stay shut, blah...! It's going to be disheartening when I have to go to a size 7...I know that is probably small to some people, but for my 5'2" frame and especially coming from a size 1..it's getting up there. And I'm only in my 2nd trimester, just barely! And yet...9lbs isn't SO bad, it's actually very close to my loose goal of 25# gained max, so I'll be thankful. =)

But enough about that, I wanted to share something fun I did with the kids today, and we've already done twice this week! Today was the third day...we went for a lovely walk/bike ride. The first day, Tuesday, we went 2 miles - Marie5 rode her bike, and Jack rode in the stroller. Wednesday Marie rode her bike again, but this time we had Harmony so I brought the double stroller and we power walked 2 miles again + stopped at the little park for about 10 minutes.

The sun is so lovely! Today the high is 73, sunny with no clouds, and I felt rather ambitious (plus I totally ate way too much food this morning (cooked, rrrr) and skipped my workout) so I mapped out a 3.11 miles walk. It was really nice...but a bit long. I seem to have a threshhold for about 2.5 miles and then I start getting tired of the same old, same old. That's why an Ipod is nice..it makes the time FLY by.

Marie started getting tired, asking if she could sit in the stroller...so finally after the park I let her. My stroller is absolutely AWESOME, I love it - it's a double stroller but at the very back near where my hands go, is another little seat - not really supposed to be, but it's sturdy enough to hold a 30 pound child. So, we improvised. =0

We even got the bike on there! So for the last leg of the journey, which is maybe 3/4 of a mile, I got to push approx 130 pounds - it was a FANTASTIC workout! I can feel it in my arms, navigating it and also the back of my legs, as it really takes effort to push. So I told Marie that next time if she wants to, she can ride. Maybe I'll shorten the walk to 2 miles because it'll be more of an effort.

Up until now, I haven't felt any "warning" sort of effects from my walks - but at the very end I felt my pelvis area start to sort of throb...so I did push it, but I think it was perfect.

HOWEVER all this exercise does not come without a price...I came home to a *lovely* very messy house complete with all the kitchen after effects of french toast in the morning (thanks to my not realizing we were out of our normal, staple 25# bag of oats for cereal!). Like I said, lovely.

So. It is noon now, and my rest time will start at 1pm - gives me one whirlwind hour to get the house in shape, my priority being the kitchen and the monster of a mountain of laundry on the couch. =)

PS Thanks to my eating 4 pieces of french toast with peanut butter and syrup, one big bowl of granola topped with cocoa balls cereal & milk, 10 chocolate chips, AND 1 cup of pineapple.....I'm planning to fast until dinner time, when I'll have something raw. I think that is definitely enough crappy calories for me AND baby for the day.

1 comment:

  1. the PS comment made me chuckle:)
    Wow that's one loaded stroller:) Sounds like a great workout!

    ReplyDelete