Monday, May 16, 2011

Week 12, Day - Big Plans for this Week!

I think I'm coming out of the funk!! I'm so excited...sometimes it happens like this, the DAY I turn 12 weeks things just, change. On Friday was my first day of 12 weeks and for the last three nights in a row I have done pretty well. I've been tired, and I have eaten some crappy food - both of which usually make me pretty sick, but I was just kind of nauseous. Not in-your-throat can't handle it very well like it has been.

So I am charged and excited for this week. I KNOW that being a Mama of 7 makes for big plans being changed, so I'm not setting this in stone or anything. But here are my goals for this week:

M-W-F do my workout - just 20 min to start with (full workout is 1hour)

T-TH-S Go for a 30 min walk, leading up to slow jogging after a week. My hope is to do this in the morning by getting up early - the mornings in the summer are GLORIOUS!!! So I'm probably looking at a 6:00 wakeup to be back at 6:45 to start getting things ready for school.

On the OTHER front, I am going to start whipping this house into shape. Too many mornings of waking up to a semi-clean kitchen, bleh. I hate messy counters! But am glad for the children who do the dishes, just need to start reinforcing the way they are SUPPOSED to be doing it. =)

So I am going to be getting out my handy dandy planner and looking at what needs to be done during the week (bathrooms!!, etc) and dividing it up. Also planning meals - I love doing that, I love cooking and providing for my family in advance! I know it is a huge blessing for Bret when he comes home to a warm dinner instead of - um - we're having cereal again tonight, sorry! =) As I am laying on the couch...

In the near future I also hope to plant a sort of garden - I really really want to plan tomotoes, mostly. I love heirloom tomatoes! Also flowers...but I'm getting ahead of myself.

Oh! And my HUGE #1 goal is to eat 100% raw ALL WEEK LONG. If I allow myself NO exceptions then hopefully it will just naturally fall into line. For right now my goal is just the five days in the week, with more leniency (maybe Baja Fresh vegan fajitas with corn tortillas/no chips). I weighed 137 this morning which is a result of eating quite a bit of cooked CRAP this weekend and is the most I have ever weighed this pregnancy. Bleh.

But as always, with eating cooked, once I get lots of juicy fruit & smoothies in my tummy after 2 good solid days, I usually lose 1-2 of those pounds.

We also signed up for the Macleay family week coming up in July!! I am so excited about this - I was so nervous that we weren't going to get a place because we are not donors. Bret was out last night having fellowship with the brothers until after midnight and this morning when I woke up, I had an email letting me know I had registered for the family week! At midnight, it was opened up to register. So yay for his being on top of that!

Summer Conference is always a HUGE motivator for me to get things in gear - before I found raw, I spent many pregnant/postpartum summers at conference feeling so awful about how I looked. Wishing I could look different, but not knowing it was POSSIBLE to. Now I know! I have a couple of awesome summers being pregnant under my belt now, embracing the changes in my body (uh...I guess you could say more...voluptious? I'm still working on getting used to that one and that it is OKAY, I'm used to being tiny tiny!) and looking the best I know I can look in that regard.

I do really well with goals and since I obviously can't have a goal of losing weight, I CAN have a goal of being able to run 3 miles (which I will be doing every morning at Macleay - OMG it is like running in PARADISE around the back roads in the country on the summer mornings there, I can't wait!!!!) by that time. I also want to have a weight goal that I want to be by then, a "no more than xxx MAX" but I have to figure that out still.

For now, I'm late to get the kids' clothes ready and get them off to school, but I'll be back to report on how my first workout in 2 months went!

12pm,
Oooh I am already sore from my workout this morning, it feels great! Feels like I'm DOING something, finally!

I just got back from the farmer's market, it is like a candy store for me when I am eating raw! Anything and everything that I want, I can have...yummy! I stocked up on:

Green grapes
Strawberries
Kiwi
Leafy Greens
Cilantro
Lots & LOTS of on-the-vine tomatoes
Cucumbers
Sweet Yellow Corn
Green Bell Peppers
Oranges
Apples
Bananas
Sweet Peas in the Pod

I was tempted to buy the blackberries and peaches but I'm going to wait until they're in season...they're sooo much better (and cheaper!) then. Blueberries too. =)

On the way home, I ate over a pound of on the vine tomatoes! They are sooo good, I am definitely going to get a bunch of tomato plants this spring to plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment