Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Week 10, Day 5 - My WIC appointment & weight thoughts

So today was my first official WIC appointment since we signed up - and she weighed me. Of course, with jeans on, after I'd had breakfast, all that. I weighed in at 141 - yowza! I weighed this morning before getting dressed and it was 135, up ONE POUND from yesterday. Truly strange, since today is my 3rd day of eating 100% raw.

She was kind of worried about my weight gain since I told her I started at 127 - that's 15 pounds of weight gain and I am only 10 weeks along! I practically started hyperventilating - and assured her that 1)that was my weight WITH clothes on, and 2) I was going to start exercising soon and 3) my last 2 pregnancies I only gained 25 pounds and I was determined this one will be the same.

I HATE gaining weight - and it really made me all the more determined to stay as raw as possible during this pregnancy. And MORE greens - I need to get in way more greens.

I had to go to the store afterwards and purposely bought more produce specifically geared towards green drinks and juicing. I got parsley, beets, a big head of green leaf lettuce, and curly kale. The kale I'm planning to put in my green drink, but I've also been wanting to make some cheesy curly kale chips so some of it I'll save for that.

When I came home, I tried out a new recipe that I came across yesterday - it was yummy! I was in the mood to juice, but this is an actually green DRINK so I made it anyway.

1 bunch of spinach
1 lemon, peeled
1 stalk of celery
1 apple
2 cups water
half a tray of ice

Really refreshing, a little tart, but YUM! I loved it - I can see drinking this every single day, especially when the days get hot. The celery mixed with apple mixed with lemon = pretty tasty. Of course, you can't taste the spinach much.

My plan is to get in at least one green drink per day, but keeping my weight in mind - hopefully a green drink + a big cup of fresh juiced veggies. Then, as much juicy fruit as I can - going easy on the fancy recipes and also on the dates & nuts. Yesterday I had a bunch of dates, they are SO yummy - just sat in front of the computer and munched with a big bag in front of me.

Then I felt pretty sick after that, and since this is the second time that has happened, I'm going to only limit myself to a few at a time. They're just too rich in calories and too dense, I think.

I have 2 more days to weigh in for week 10. I am hoping to see a drop down to at least 132 - I weighed in at 130 for week 9, for crying out loud! I do not want to have to document that I gained FIVE pounds in just one week.

I know it sounds kind of anal with my weight and all, but it actually does get me off my duff and start doing something about it when I get worried so it's a good thing. =)

My weight goals are going to be exactly the same as when I had Jack, since my due dates are only one week apart. And I did accomplish it! So I know I can do it again - here is my journey so far + projected future weigh-in maxes. And of course, not to be strict & anal about it, just a general guideline so that I can make sure I stay on course. =)

Week 5: 127
Week 8: 133
Week 9: 130

Week 12: 135
Week 15: 138
Week 20: 140
Week 26: 143
Week 30: 145
Week 34: 147
Week 38: 149
Week 40: 152 = 25 pound weight gain

It'll be fun to check back and see how I do! Should be fairly easy(er) during the summer to stay full with yummy juicy fruit. I know I can do this, and I know I'm going to feel soooo good, too!

What I ate today:

*6 cups chilled pineapple
*green drink: spinach, lemon, apple, celery
*Huge salad: walnut taco meat, mango, spinach, tomato, cilantro, salsa, avocado, tabasco, green bell pepper
*3 cashews
*meat from 1 thai coconut

What I said NO to today(!!):
*doritoes
*yellow cake batter
*flour tortilla with shredded cheese, melted
*corn tortilla with mozz cheese & onion, quesadilla style

No comments:

Post a Comment