Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Week 36, Day 5 - I think my hernia is gone??

At least, it hasn't bothered me in about 5 days or so. SO nice!!!

So now can I go running again? Ha ha --- I honestly can't IMAGINE how anyone can go running at 36 weeks, let alone the DAY they give birth! It's not the being in physical shape that makes me wonder - it's the fact that the baby's head is so far down that even just walking around the house, is uncomfortable for me. It feels like something is scraping against my bone every time I walk - especially the later it gets in the day and the more tired I get. Kind of like when the baby is kicking your ribs, only in a different place.

Hmmm.

I'm having a hard time slacking in the eating department for the past, oh, 3 weeks? It's getting harder for me to be motivated because I'm so close! I keep telling myself that I know how to lose weight so it's not that big of a deal if I gain some. I honestly have like, no care at all, what I look like right now - I guess that's a good thing.

Except that in 10 days I'm going to a big posh Christmas party with DH for work where I have to wear a little black dress. I am tempted to work super hard to eat REALLY healthy for the next 10 days just for that - like juicing in the morning, and eating only whole foods....I actually had decided to do that several times already. I don't want to have that bloated, half-dead/haggard look of someone who eats tons of sugar and lots of bad food and is almost ready to give birth. I want to be VIBRANT and I want it to SHOW that I eat really well!

Alas, then I get chocolate cravings and do something stupid like go to the store just to get 8 Reese's peanut butter cups AND and Almond Joy, and proceed to eat ALL OF IT within a 20 minute period.

We get paid on Friday, and what I would really love to do is buy a big bag of spinach and start drinking a 72oz green smoothie + juicing every day. Then also add in my oatmeal-cinnamon-blueberries-honey-raisins for one of my meals, as well as a whole, plant based preferrably low-fat dinner. Wouldn't that be awesome? Just sail through these next few weeks before the baby comes and really prepare my body and strengthen it with fantastic nutrition?

It's just hard to be motivated, rrrr. Problem is, once the baby DOES come? It's not like I'm going to "feel" automatically like just up & eating super healthy. Emotions are going to be even more crazy, and emotional eating is totally my M.O. Plus, I've given myself (in my head) until February 1st (approx 2 months postpartum) to start really working out and busting out the fat loss - which means, that it'd be super easy just to eat and eat and eat right on through the holidays.

In the past, with the last baby that I ever gained 50lbs with - I LOST 20 pounds naturally after having the baby and then proceeded to GAIN 10 pounds back from eating brownies every day for like a month, out of emotional eating postpartum.

That makes me shake in my boots! I am not by any means immune to this happening again, just because I've managed to not gain so much weight with the last 2 babies.

So anyway, dunno where this is going to go - but I guess I'm going to mostly just try to make much better choices and MAYBE even juice today anyway, despite the fact that my breakfast consisted of 1/2 pancake with syrup, 2 bowls of cereal w/milk, and like 8 cookies.

Hmph.

1 comment:

  1. Here is what I think:) sometimes it helps to hear what someone thinks. Being the excellent person that you are...I really do think that with the joyful anticipation of the new little one joining your family...now would be a GREAT time to slowly wean yourself off of whatever foods you know are bad and slowly build yourself up to where you wanna be eating wise....Like lets say first cut out all junk food other than one treat after supper. Then in a few days cut that out...then a few days after that eat raw for one meal the rest normal...then few days later switch to two meals of whatever way you feel you need to eat etc...until by the time baby boy is born you are ready for handling EIGHT little ones knowing your body is cleansed and you've done everything you can to get it started. and I'm totally not talking about weight loss etc...just that general feeling of "I did it...I am taking good care of myself!" I think it would really help with the emotions afterward as well. And half that desired glow comes from the confidence radiating from inside...the confidence of having self control and knowing you are taking care of yourself.
    I've been watching a you tube channel (the happiness project by gretchen Rubin) and have realized how doing little things in life such as taking care of yourself etc really add to happiness and enrich character and cut down on suffering. Ever since it seems like a priveledge to take care of mysef as opposed to something I SHOULD do or HAVE TO do. Hope that helps!
    And you're doing sucha great job! Very encouraging to watch you!

    ReplyDelete