Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Week 38, Day 6 - False Labor? BRING IT ON!

I've had one "scare" so far during the night, of course it was at our hotel while we were away on our overnight date! I had HARD contractions, to the point where I couldn't even move, ouch. For 3 hours! From midnight-3am, of course. I honestly had thoughts, visions, of having this baby in the hotel room, ha! First the car, then a hotel room...gosh I'm like about to break records here!

It was scary,though. It's always scary to think that "this could be IT" and to know the pain was very, VERY mild compared to the upcoming pain. I was shaking.

But it was a really good experience for me. Kind of jolted me into reality and made me start prepping myself much more for the ordeal to come, and to know that I can totally do this. I'm looking forward to it! Looking forward to feeling so near to God in my utter helplessness and of course the end result, my baby boy!

I've been having lots & lots of tight, hard contractions where I have to pause what I'm doing, or literally can't bend over for a minute. It's awesome BECAUSE one thing I have learned after having so many babies is that the more this type of thing goes on, the more my body is dilating and effacing and doing what it's supposed to, which hopefully (and with Harmony's case, totally DID) makes the actual labor shorter since part of it is already done!

9 more days until my due date, and time is zipping by. I have been diligently, for the past 3-4 weeks, working on getting all the Christmas presents purchased and I think I'm about 90% done with it all! Yay! Online shopping has been my best friend; every day, about every hour actually, I check all my fave sites that list killer deals and have gotten some really nice things. Things that sell out within half an hour, even! Fun!

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe it's only nine days!!!!!! Glad u didn't have your baby in the hotel though!!:):) I had one nine days early:) sure brings back memories!!
    Well I'm on day 3 raw and it's going fabulous!!! About 95% raw today! I'm so excited. The 5% is a small amount of meat and I can't find raw cacao powder locally so it's pure cocoa but not raw . But that's totally ok:) I am loving all the new websites I har found that give so many great ideas . Just thougt I'd tell ur this cause u mentioned u wanted to know how it goes:)
    Hope u have a good night and get some non contracting sleep:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came back to re-read this post because I was up in the middle of the night with false labor last night!!! I see this was a few days before you delivered. I sure hope for a baby by the end of the year! but I can't give up another night of sleep - aahh!! we need to talk more! (annalise)

    ReplyDelete