Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Week 37, Day 5 - Pregnancy Update - weigh-in too.

This morning I weighed in at 155, 1 pound less than last time! That was heartening for me to see - not that I'm *trying* to lose weight, but you always wonder at this stage where the baby supposedly gains 2lbs per week, if the scale is going to be majorly up when you step on it! So in 12 days (can't BELIEVE it's been that long already since I last weighed, in my pre-pregnancy days that would be UNHEARD of to go that long!! Jen you can probably relate lol), I have lost a pound. Total weight gain so far this pregnancy: 28 pounds. I think that is fantastic!!

I have eaten worse this pregnancy than with the last 2 babies - I am SHOCKED that I have still been able to maintain such a great weight gain. Maybe it's partly because I ran for the first 6 months of being pregnant?

I think a good part of it, though, is the simple fact that I remain a pretty hardcore vegetarian - and most of the time, vegan. For me, for my body, it must be the key to regulating weight loss...and when I kick it into gear by adding low calories + exercise, it melts off unbelievably fast. This is a huge comfort to me because then I don't have to stress about being able to lose the weight after the baby. I can take my time and enjoy the first 2 months, then know that once I put my hand to the plow I'll see results fairly quickly. In other words, I won't be "stuck".

Part of losing a pound is, I think, in thanks to your email Tereza smacking me back into reality (hee hee) and making me realize that I needed to get back on track and eat well IN MODERATION so that I'll be able to take care of my baby & 7 other kiddos 12 & under. I always try to go so hard core with many happy plans and dreams for the next few weeks, and then it's just too much and I divebomb BIGTIME.

For some reason I am totally ENAMORED with oatmeal lately - I've been eating basically 3 square meals a day (well, maybe not so "square" when you consider that I don't eat any pure animal protein, but you know what I mean!) and two, yes TWO of those meals are oatmeal!! I guess this baby is going to like oatmeal!

This was also my standard yummy breakfast when I was working hard on weightloss -- but I am actually eating DOUBLE of what I ate back then. I suppose it's good that I'm craving oatmeal though, instead of a multitude of other things I could be eating. For lunch these days I almost always have a black bean chipotle burger with all the fixings - just like you would put on a hamburger only the bread is 2 slices of whole wheat.

And I've been enjoying a small handful of chocolate chips during naptime while I browse pinterest or read blogs or watch a show - it's nice to not have to stuff my face with chocolate but to still enjoy some AND see the scale go down. Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's awesome and 28 pounds IS fantastic!!! 28 pound is so easy to loose.... Especially when 15 will come off with north!!!! 13 pounds will be all you will have to loose!!!! Do you even understand how amazing you have done this pregnancy???? I'm so proud of you!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete