Tuesday, November 8, 2011

LOTS to do b4 baby comes! Feeling the urgency now...

I'm starting to feel the crunch of time with getting things done before the baby comes...my room is coming together SO nicely but it's still turned upside down a bit due to trying to get dresser drawers painted, etc. I have this gorgeous room with white board & batten on the bottom half and blue on the top half/lighter blue on the ceiling, sheer curtains, King size all-white goose down bedding (still need to get some decorative bed pillows), newly painted black & silver bathroom vanity, a big sunburst Pier1 STUNNING mirror above my bed (total Craigslist SCORE - it still has the $150 price tag on the back and I paid $35!!).

But my dressers and nightstands are still an ugly brown and the drawers go in crooked and the finish is coming off. They are also piled high with lots of remodeling stuff...paint, brushes, drill bits, etc. So just as soon as I can finish up painting my beautiful $40 Craigslist antique dresser w/matching mirror (that will be my changing table, it's so lovely, with HUGE, deep drawers to boot!) then I can empty out my ugly dresser and get that OUT of my room.

I am also going to purchase a chandelier for my bedroom, it'll be the crowning glory and soooooo gorgeous with the blue & white color scheme, so peaceful and serene! This is the one I have bookmarked to buy as soon as I can sell some things on Craigslist to get the money for. They UPPED the price recently though, bleh, I hate it when that happens! Hopefully DH can put it in for me when it comes - I'm planning to get a dimmer switch for that light which will be create such a lovely mood lighting.

I need to get some things for the baby still like the blankets, bed, swing, and belly band from my sister -- wash the carseat, buy 1 more nursing bra, a changing pad to go on top of the dresser, maxi pads (oh yes, looking forward to THAT again after not having had a period for almost a year!). Lots to do, and my body is shutting down on me - things are becoming very awkward to do, like putting on my socks! Nearly impossible. Picking up the house - I have to sit down and clean everything around me and then scoot to the next half of the room, lol.

I also have pretty much, um, no idea what we're going to do with the kids when I'm at the birthing center for 2 days. Rachel is old enough to babysit during the day only but...there's school and she never wants to miss a day. It's hard to know what to plan since we don't know if it'll be on the weekend, or weekday, or what...and I usually stay 2 nights there. Bret will be taking a week off from work, SO nice to have that planned!! He likes to stay at the birthing center with me, it's like our own special retreat getaway...plus, part of the price we pay covers all of BOTH of our meals while we're there, takeout to any restaurant in the area including steak, salmon, etc. Can't beat that!

1 comment: