Wednesday, November 2, 2011

So happy with my eating today!

Focusing on nutrition and trying to be in the best condition for the growing baby, birth, and postpartum has really put things in persective for me. While today was not perfect by any means, I seem to have curbed the monster of must.eat.junk.now.because.I.can - yay! I was all vegan except for the cheese & thin slice of deli ham but I'm okay with that. My goal for today was to only have a small amount of chocolate and to juice - and the other things just naturally fell into place.

2 cups of yummy warm oatmeal in water, honey, raisins, cinnamon.

Juiced: 2 carrots, 2 stalks celery, 2 apples

2 pieces ww bread with one slice of honey ham, lettuce, tomato, ketchup, mustard, onion, and a slice of cheese.

2.5 pieces of the snack-size chocolate. This was a major victory for me and I loved knowing that it was ok to eat some, just not eat *all*.

1 cup of lentil sloppy joes with 1.5 homemade ww rolls.

I feel satisfied and happy right now, and am confident that I won't eat anything else I shouldn't - I am on the right track for today, anyway! If I am hungry later I plan to eat some crisp apples; they're in season now and so good, from local farms around here.

2 comments: