Friday, October 28, 2011

Week 36, Day 1 - Weigh-in & Officially considered "fullterm!"

Yay! I love reaching a "new" week in my pregnancy - now I am officially considered full term and if the baby was to be born, it would thrive and be healthy. Although not ideal, my friend's baby was born 4 weeks early back when we had our first babies - they were due around the same time and it was SO not fair that she got hers so early and I had to wait FIVE more weeks for mine! But she did have difficulty nursing and he was so skinny....so I'll take a plump, happily nursing baby any day over that. =)

Weighed in this morning - I haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks, and it has been absolutely DIVINE. But I am looking forward to the days when I can step on the scale and see it go down every day. Coming soon!!! =) =)

With this baby, my weight issues have been interesting. I'd say for the first 7 months I stressed HEAVILY about my weight gain - most likely because before I got pregnant, I had almost reached my ideal measurements. For the first time in my entire life - I worked super hard for it, and got it. I look back on my pictures now and I almost look too thin! But it was awesome - I wasn't too thin, I had tone and loved it.

So this time around, this pregnancy, has been difficult just in the fact that I've had to watch my body balloon up again, cellulite has returned, and there is a humongous lack of definition, ha ha! But at least I can claim rounded curves, eh?

The difference with my postpartum outlook, though, is HUGE. I now know exactly what I have to do in order to lose the weight. I know how to do it quickly once I put my mind to it - the Venus Index was the best thing that ever happened to me besides raw, I'd say, as far as fitness and awareness goes. I'm not sure how fasting and low calorie ties in with nursing so that is going to be a touch & go kind of thing, but I am confident that I will get there. Totally confident.

Because of that, I feel way more relaxed - I remember chomping at the BIT last baby, to lose the weight. This time around I feel more lazy about it and more like, wanting to just chill and not stress. Enjoy the baby, enjoy the postpartum time without trying to do too much, too soon. So that is really, really nice.

Weigh-in today was 156. I couldn't find on my blog where I last weighed, oops. So no way to compare, but I think I was stuck at 153 for a long time. I'm thrilled with this number, especially when I consider the fact that I really haven't eaten very much raw or even all that healthy this entire pregnancy. In the past pregnancies where I REALLY ate unhealthy, I was usually at about 190 pounds by now. Ouch.

I doubled checked for reference, Harmony's pregnancy, where I was at - at week 36 I weighed 158. So I am 2 pounds less than I was with her, yay! I'm not doing ANY exercise and haven't for several months, and my eating is pretty much awful. I sometimes will either skip breakfast or eat raw for breakfast, but many days my eating consists of:

Big bowl of oatmeal with blueberries, honey, cinnamon, raisins (eaten and prepared with water).

Chipotle Black Bean burger with tomato, ketchup, mustard, lettuce, 1 slice of cheddar - eaten on 2 pieces of bread.

Handful of chips, maybe a chocolate bar or two.

Roll + fairly healthy soup, quinoa, potatoes, etc.

See? NO veggies...NO fruit....at least, not in the quantities I've eaten in the past! I'm just not feeling the whole raw thing, rrrrr. Each day is different, though, and I'm taking it like that - sometimes I will fast in the morning and go grocery shopping and GRAPES OMG look so yummy I'll just buy a 2 pound bunch and eat almost the whole thing for breakfast instead of oatmeal.

Bread is my enemy, it makes me feel like crap. And also chips, even tortilla plain ones...waaah. Heartburn is also more prevalent this pregnancy than the last one, but once I eat raw for even half a day, it leaves...so it's nice to know at least I can control it!

Well, 7am has rolled around and it's time to get my booty in gear and prepare the kids' clothes & lunches.

Oh! Yesterday I went shopping for Christmas presents at consignment stores and came upon the MOST adorable little Robeez boots for $5, lined in the softest "fur" ever. They're normally in the $30 range new and they were LIKE new so I had to buy them.


I had these boots in plain brown for Grace7 when she was a baby and loved them. I wouldn't have actualy chosen this particular pattern but for $5? Couldn't pass it up. They are the first thing I have actually purchased for the baby and I put them in my room by my bed just to look at. SO cute and totally therapeautic in helping me visualize the new little baby I'm about to receive and be happy about it. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment