Thursday, September 22, 2011

Week 30, Day 7 - I can feel it! Rejuvenation!

Last night I went on a 1.25 mile power walk with the kids - ahhh they had so much fun! They were SO excited when I announced at dinner that if they cleaned up quickly we could go for a bike ride! They all rode their scooters, and I pushed the double stroller with Jack3 and Harmony2 riding inside. I think it was the perfect amount of distance - I could feel myself slowing wayyy down towards the end, and the braxton hicks kept coming on strong!

I worked up a good sweat and it just felt really awesome.

So this morning, coming home from bringing the kids to school, at 8:30 the two little ones & I embarked on yet another 1.25 mile walk, same one. It was a WONDERFUL, rejuvenating way to start my day!! Our day. The kids were super excited too, and could hardly wait for me to change into my workout clothes. This time Jack rode his little bike, he scoots along really fast on it, so it was perfect. Again, lots of braxton hicks and it just felt really wonderful to stretch my legs and get fresh air in my lungs.

Although I DO miss sprinting SO much, I can't wait to do that again. Give me about 4 months and I'll be there!

After logging my walk on the mapmyrun.com website, I realized that this really is who I have become. It gets me excited to think about walking farther tomorrow maybe, just a tiny bit - maybe bump it up to 1.5 miles. Then I can log it, and it tallies up my weekly miles. Oh, how I would LOVE to get back on track to walking at least 10 miles per week! 20 miles would be AWESOME but I think that's more feasible if I'm running...after a while it just gets reallllly long. But I do love it, and I am looking forward to getting back in the groove of long distance running after the baby comes.

I decided not to go to the gym on beautiful fall days like this - why? It's going to be 83 degrees today, sunny...the crisp morning air is warm enough to just wear a tank but yet still has a bit of a nip. Love it. So as many days as are feasible to do the whole outside thing, we will. But it's super nice to at least have the option to go to the gym for those days that are windy, rainy, cold, etc. I love that Jack gets GREAT exercise, his little legs just fly as he scoots along - I also noticed that when we got home they didn't fight at ALL. Big change from normal, for some reason having Marie gone for half the day, they're just used to her playing and directing their day, that I think they don't really know what to do.

The day stretches before me with lots of possibilities! I try to do a little bit on my room every day, it's getting to be quite overwhelming to think of all that I *want* to do in there, but if I can at least get the painting done then we can move our bed back against the wall and make it a normal looking room again. After I pick up Marie, I plan to try out a new food bank at St. Vincent de Paul...we're running low on groceries and don't get paid until the 5th so hopefully this will help if I can get creative with what we have.

Mostly it's the lunches for the kids - and the snacks. Rachel is STARVING after volleyball so I'm trying to think of nutritious things to send in her lunch but it's kind of tricky finding things she likes and also that aren't going to break the bank. So more baking is in order for sure - I have several kind of health-ish recipes that I make regularly for them that they all like....healthy "breakfast" cookies, pumpkin "cake", banana whole wheat bread, and also granola bars. The TRICK? Not eating it all myself!!!! =) =)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you got some fresh air! that helps my outlook so so much! I look at my bedroom and think of you...there is so much I could do in there:) Dont even know where to start or IF to start cause I'm afraid of not finishing it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you are finishing out the pregnancy well!!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete