Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Week 28, Day 6 - It Didn't Last

Go ahead, laugh.

You Mommies of lots of littles probably knew this post was coming, didn't you?

So - yesterday my house was sooo pretty and clean and I was SO beat but just love love LOVED how it looked! And then.

They came home.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha yeah right. As IF my house was going to stay that way?

What was I thinking? Or smoking?

It was so deflating, I can't even tell you....to have worked so hard all morning and finally have my house in order after such a busy summer coming & going, it felt SO wonderful to be back in a routine.

But the problem is, I was so tired from the morning working AND it was a 95 degree day in our non air-conditioned house; in the afternoon/early evening, our house is just an inferno. Dead air, no breeze. And SO grumpy - everyone, even me (have to be honest!)...it was really hard for me to see my cozy, clean home turn into a disaster zone.

Okay, not REALLY - I mean I do make them clean up their messes and such, but for instance - I didn't get to the laundry piled on the couch yesterday. BUT I did make sure it was piled nicely and not on the floor, the floor was vacuumed. Then when the kids came home, within about half an hour, there it was, spread on the floor as they'd decided to sit on it. (um...which IS what couches are for, so not really their fault =)

And dinner, always makes for lots of cleanup - and the couch cushions get all messed up and then Harmony who is two, wanted to eat her rice with a fork sitting sideways in her chair...which meant, LOTS of rice got on her lap, on her seat, and then all over the floor. Oh noooooooooooo not the floor, I just vacuumed!!!!!

LOL so you see, life happens, and I am just going to have to be okay with it. OKAY with the fact that I.AM.PREGNANT. and in my 3rd trimester so......gonna' have to give a little bit in the area of expectations and demands. And not let it totally stress me out.

So, my room, I decided needs to get done in a jiffy so that I can turn THAT room into my sanctuary. I've already told the kids that they're not allowed to use my bathroom unless someone is in the other bathroom.

(our "other bathroom" toilet has been broken for quite a long time and just got fixed (thank you DH!!) so they're all used to trekking through my bedroom to the bathroom)

I think it's good for them to respect our home of course, but I'm not going to go out and buy white couches or for that matter, NICE furniture, anytime soon, hee hee! If I think having them mess up my house makes me stressed, it'll be like, a thousand times WORSE if I spend alot of money on nice furniture!

But my bedroom, I think I can get away with it - we'll see. I am planning on white fluffy feather comforters, all white bedding. I've never had it before because it seemed like a really dumb idea with so many little ones.

BUT, I read once on a blog somewhere that a Mom loved having white (pure white, not ivory or cream) towels, linens, etc in her home because you can bleach them and make them pure white again fairly easily. So, we'll see on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment