Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Week 29, Day 6 - Thinking about going all raw again...

The past couple of weeks have slowly but surely spiraled out of control in the eating department. I really feel so awful, too - I mean eating things that are not even remotely good for me like MAKING desserts and eating most of them! Lots of chocolate and peanut butter, to be specific.

I'm sensing the need to kick it into gear NOT so much for the sake of not gaining weight, but more for the sake of plain old being able to COPE in the next 10 weeks. Friday, starts the 10-week countdown, until the baby is due. I'll officially be 30 weeks.

From here on out, doing my normal and routine things are going to take more energy, effort, and I NEED to feel good. Today, for instance my diet has consisted of:

4 eggs w/onions, chives, cheese, and tobasco
1 cup cooked oatmeal w/blueberries, cinnamon, vanilla, honey
1 honey ham sandwich on 2 pieces ww bread w/lettuce, tomato, cheese
Cheetos, small handful
FIVE big squares of a peanut butter chocolate oatmeal squares thing I made
1 piece of crappy pepperoni pizza
2 crazy breads

Yes, and I feel it! Also, no exercise...it's just the combo of no exercise and eating badly that is really wearing on me. I need to be able to function and I'm just ... NOT, you know? I can barely even do what I need to do, let alone try to finish my room (which I really want to do, and it's driving me crazy that I can't because all I have energy to do is JUST keep the house/kids!).

So I was reading my blog for when I was pregnant with Jack, and when I had only gained 17 pounds at this point, but MOST of all - I felt so fantastic! I want to feel that again.

So today I stocked up on watermelon, peaches, oranges...I have a new orange ice cream shake I want to try, hoping it tastes similar to an orange ice cream bar. Tomorrow I am going to shoot for 100% raw, and really REMEMBER the reason why I'm doing. Not for weight, because surprisingly I really don't care about that anymore. But maybe just because I'm not actively working to keep the weight off?

I wish I could walk again, I wish I had the "umph" to walk again. Maybe tomorrow I'll take the kiddos for a bike ride in the stroller, even just a mile would be great.

I better go, this week has been INSANE with a ton of appointments that stretched looooonger than they were supposed to, driving the kids everywhere. We went to my dr's appointment which is 30 minutes away and got stuck in a traffic jam on the way home and were on the road for an HOUR. Really fun with kids who are hungry and hyper and yelling and laughing super loud.

I thought about you, Tereza, cuz sometimes you talk about your high spirited children, that's just the way they are. It was driving me up the wall so I cranked the music and rolled down the windows - at least they weren't CRYING loud, but still, sometimes shrieking and laughing is just as bad. I observed though, that 3 of them were just kind of sitting there staring out the window while the other three, HOLY MOLY! But you guys do it for like 7-8 hours?? On the road, to conference...crazy. My respect for you went really high in that moment. =)

Anyway...time to put the kids to bed and the dishwasher needs unloaded so the dishes-duty person can load it.

C ya.....oh, and I hope to weigh-in on Friday and then continue to be raw with a good positive 2nd weigh-in next Friday for week 31.

(an hour later)

Hmmmm. I find it quite interesting that as soon as I decide to go all raw, I all of a sudden find all these yummy things that are low fat, plant based vegan that sound delicious! Like if I put a restriction on myself, then I immediately want to break it! Ha ha

So after I unloaded the dishwasher I realized I needed to still put all the produce away, so as I was doing THAT, I realized that I needed to kind of clean out the produce drawers in the fridge. Noticed the not green anymore celery, and the too much zucchini I have still, that is slowly turning to seed.

So what was a girl to do? Make vegetable broth, of course! So I spent about 15 minutes cutting up chunks of onions, celery, cabbage, zukes, and added in a bunch of stuff. Which of course, I love to use for vegetable based soups which are what I love to eat in the whole low fat plant based category!

Regardless of my wistful thinking about all the things I CAN'T have while eating raw, I am determined to stay raw at least tomorrow and then take it one day at a time. Even though those low fat, plant based foods are practically one step away from eating raw, the plain fact is that I don't feel as good after eating them.

Unfortunately. I don't feel super bad, but definitely not as high, as energetic, clean, etc.

When I was pregnant with Jack, at week 30, I bought a bunch of things online that I was excited about for high health. One of them was a wheatgrass juicer which I still have, and am thinking of using again. The other two things I'd like to start doing are bee pollen and a green powder spirulina sort of thing. I'd like to do both of those again but they're spendy, especially the green powder - it's $60 for a bottle that'll last about a month, maybe a little more! Yikes! We don't have any extra money though, until the 5th of October when we get paid, so I am going to do other things that will be a step forward health-wise.

To do tomorrow:

**Buy a case of Thai coconuts
**Buy some soil and find containers to grow wheatgrass in
(Elmina, do you still have my wheatgrass juicer or did you give it back?)
**Attempt to make an orangesicle shake using frozen bananas, OJ, ice, vanilla, and flax seed
**Try oil pulling for 20 minutes with coconut oil (sesame or sunflower seed oil is ideal and YUMMY but I currently have lots of coconut oil, so that'll do for now!)
**Skin brush for detoxing/cellulite control
**Green smoothie - I have GOT to get more greens in!!!

To do hopefully this weekend:

Buy more spinach at Costco
Buy at Lifesource: bee pollen & green powder (in bulk, smaller amounts to save money)

So - tomorrow. I hope it goes well!!

1 comment:

  1. I believe I still have it and I will try to get it back to you this conference. Good Luck tomorrow! What do you use bee pollen for? And can you explain your skin brushes/detoxing thing? Until you already did somewhere in this blog, maybe you can direct me there. I am in the need to try some new things.

    ReplyDelete