Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Week 28, Day 5 - Utter BLISS!!! (pics and weigh-in)

That is, to have my house cleaned and (oh my, do I DARE say this out loud?) have it stay that way!! Yippee!!

Having 7 kids, I didn't get them all at once obviously (okay, maybe not THAT obvious cuz I suppose some people DO have semtuplets or whatever they're called), it's not like all of a sudden my house was a tornado.

It happens so gradually that you don't even really notice the change, except of course when I am physically not myself and it gets harder than normal to keep up (usually pregnant or postpartum til about 3 months).

BUT - take four of those little bodies out of the picture?? And it is WAY easier to have a clean house!!! Even though I still have 3 littles at home today ages 5, 3, and 2 - I felt like such a free woman!! Ha ha - I guess it's all how you look at it.

I do, however, have my limits - waaaaah - so upon getting home I set the littles up with some paints and started at one end of the house and worked my way to the other. I told myself JUST to tidy - pick up the dirty sandals in the bathroom from hiking with Dad yesterday, the washcloth left in the bathtub from day-before-school baths last night. Multiple blankets from sleepy kids in the living room watching a cartoon to wake up in the morning, then of course different various outfits on the floor that didn't work, or maybe pajamas from changing right there on the spot! LOL

Alas....I plain 'ol tuckered out after 1 1/2 hours of cleaning. Bending over, picking things up...my tummy is getting nice and round like a basketball, and...heavy these days! Add that to the fact that, sigh, I only made it through half of the house. =(

But that's okay - I suppose it's partly due to the fact that Rachel12 forgot her lunch so I made the extra trek out to their school to give it to her (15m round trip). Now I'm resting a bit and then will tackle the last two rooms, kitchen & computer room. Which also includes 2 1/2 loads of laundry on the couch...hmmm. This day is really flying by already...how can that be??

So you know by now probably, that this is my 3rd pregancy as a high raw vegan. Which basically means that I eat fresh fruits/veggies/nuts/seeds about 3/4 of the time, and the rest of the time it's whatever I feel like eating EXCEPT for meat. So I suppose it's really vegetarian that I am, as I do have dairy and eggs occasionally. But meat, bleh. Hardly, barely, ever.

This morning I enjoyed a big helping of watermelon, and then for lunch - something different! I kept it as absolutely healthy as I could - fresh farm eggs from my SIL, scrambled in a little olive oil with chives & onion, and a dash of milk to make it more creamy along with fresh grated pepper & sea salt. When it was on my plate and warm, I sprinkled a bit of grated cheese, maybe 2T. Then added 6-7 cherry tomatoes also from my SIL, fresh and organic! YUM! It was delish...I had 6 small eggs. Sometimes it just feels good to have a good dose of protein, you know?

My weight is surprisingly stable, considering that I've had a hard time staying away from ICE CREAM with fudge & peanut butter lately. But I'm really learning about the "dread" of how I'll feel afterwards, it truly does affect me. It's actually quite fascinating learning what makes me feel awful, what SHOULD make me feel awful but doesn't really, and what absolutely makes me feel 100% great, myself, and like I have a ton of energy.

My weigh-in for week 28 is 149, so total of 22 lbs gained so far. I practically freaked when I saw that number since last time I weighed a few weeks ago it was FIVE POUNDS LESS at 143, but....when I checked out my preggo info for my two previous healthy/lower weight gain pregnancies, I am actually BANG on, right on track!

Jack - I gained total of 22 lbs and by 28 weeks was at 15 lbs weight gain. BUT my weight was 149!! Exactly where I am now.

Harmony - I gained total of 35 lbs and by 28 weeks was at 25 lbs weight gain. My weight was 152. Pretty much where I am now.

So it's been wonderful to just kind of relax, take a break from worrying about gaining and enjoy the summer & look forward to fall and what it will bring. Not having to exercise....I know it would be better if I did, for sure - but I feel like right now is a time of rest for me. I've worked SO so so completely hard ever since Harmony was born, never taking a break! So it's nice to kind of just enjoy my family, enjoy being a Mom, a homemaker, and use my time for things like....

...my bedroom! Woooooooot it is really coming along!!! I feel (almost) like a pro when I go into Home Depot to get more boards, ha ha! You should see me, this big tummy pushing along these long 10 foot boards on a squeaky weird-looking kind of awkward "lumber" cart.

But oh, the results are so purty purty! I am loving it, although I can't wait to paint a different color than WHITE, gah, I am getting so tired of white! I snapped a picture for you just now so you can check it out

- DON'T LAUGH - my room is an absolute disaster, complete with a king size bed in the MIDDLE, ha ha! Yes, our pillows keep falling on the floor at night...but I am a woman on a MISSION, folks! I am going to get this done if it kills me. It's super fun, though, seeing it come together, and DH was sooo nice to cut the boards for me the other day so I could keep on keeping on. Doing it by hand wasn't doing very good things for my tummy.

I thought it'd also be fun to document how I look (blurry, sorry, my phone camera...aaagh! Some day I'll get a better phone camera!) now at 7 months pregnant. To ME, my tummy looks like a big round basketball! How in the world will it get even BIGGER???????

Oooooh I also picked up this GORGEOUS paint at Home Depot in their "oops" department. It is the most pretty shade of light aqua/turquoise blue, and was only $7 for a whole gallon of their premier Behr Primer & Paint in one. I've been seeing and drooling over some fantastic furniture makeovers and this color just keeps popping out at me as so so pretty. It wouldn't really match anything in my house, wah, although I would LOVE to paint the girls' room this color but I don't think Rachel would let me. She wants hers to be pink & gray which IS a pretty combo, but ohhh, this color is to DIE FOR!

Here's a sample of what I'm talking about - the girls room especially, the white & blue together is so dreamy and soothing! Maybe someday when we move, I can do the little girls' room in this combo. Or maybe a bathroom!



I struggle with the fact that I LOVE re-decorating my home, and the thought of making something beautiful with my hands really draws me. Yet, I am a Mother of soon to be 8 children and even thought I WANT to just spend all.day.long working on this or that project, my body gives out long, and I mean LONG before my brain does!

I am realizing that I am working against the clock, that every single day, little by little, my body is getting heavier and changing - bigger everything, ha ha! *love* that But also, just the fact that soon I will only be able to manage JUST taking care of my family, and then there's the big "event" of the baby being born and all that comes with it - the sleepless nights (but I *do* get to spend them cuddling a newborn so...can't really complain, lol!) and then wanting SO badly for life to get back to normal already, and it just.does.not. Not for at least 2 long months, of blurred vision and barely being able to cope with really dumb things. =)

I am thankful for this baby, I am growing in love & appreciation for this new little one, so blessed we are!! But I have to give up my "I" in it all...

I just know that come February or so, I can start tackling projects around here again and if I make sure to keep my own demands on the cross then I know God will give me the perfect amount of time for what I need to do.

Ahem.

Not "want", but "need." =) =) =)

No comments:

Post a Comment