Friday, April 1, 2011

Week 6, Day 1 - Feeling soooo good! And guess what?? I'm going to start running!.


No, not because I'm feeling less morning sickness, I wish! Although to be honest, it is *not* that bad - I can still function very highly, including washing the toilet and cooking food....so I'm not going to complain. I'd say on a scale of 1-10 it's about a 2-3 right now.

Last night I stayed up way too late trying to inspire myself. I thought about my fitness goals before I got pregnant, and I think that's why it's been hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that I'm pregnant, because so many things that were working for me -- no longer will work.

Like eating really low calorie, 500 a day sometimes, or even fasting 2-3 days at a time drinking just tea and water. And the ability to drop pounds pretty quickly if I had a bad weekend and gained 5 pounds.

Anyway, this morning I had a ROCKING workout and I am pretty excited about that. I felt twinges of morning sickness throughout but I pressed through and it felt so good, both in my head and in my body.

Here's what I accomplished (this is the Venus Index workout, Week 1, Day 2)

Curtsy Lunges - 20 each leg @ 20#
Step Up & Press - 20 each leg @ 12lb dumbbells
Double Raise - 20 @ 8lb dumbbells
T-Bend - 20 each side @ 30#
Squat & Lateral Raise - 20 each side @ 8lb dumbbells
One Arm Dumbbell Rows - 20 each side @ 25#
Dumbbell Squat - 20 @ 30# dumbbells
Side Plank - 2x each side for 30s
Dips - 20 using body weight

After looking around the net at women who run during pregnancy and realizing this is totally doable for me, I am so excited about it! I am challenged to take what life has given me and ROCK it, you know? Stop moping about because of this or that that I have to give up because of this baby, and square my shoulders, take a deep breath, and face it, go through it, and really live life happily instead of always wishing for something different. Because I KNOW I do, if I wasn't pregnant, I'd be wistfully looking at all the babies....ha ha!

I do really well when I am challenged to do something. Today I am challenged to not give any room to the excuse that well, this is my 8th pregnancy after all...

That is really annoying to me for some reason. I will and always have, refused to be the overweight mom who can barely fit behind the steering wheel of her minivan. I know some people are not able to help it, but I know that *I* personally can do something about it, and while I do LOVE a good binge fest with chocolate, ice cream, donuts, hee hee, that person is not me. I've been there before and I never ever want to go back.

So! I am going to buy myself an ipod with my spending money that I've been saving. It'll be my very own with just my own music and podcasts on it - up until now I've been borrowing DH's whose taste in music is not similar to mine, and who doesn't have anymore room on his ipod anyhow.

I'm so inspired! I feel like I can really do this, I can do a 45 minute workout just 3x a week, and I can go running 3x a week too - especially since Rachel is old enough to babysit now. And summer is coming! The glorious weather is almost here which is totally motivating for me to get up and go running in the morning.

I'm going to start out with maybe 2 miles at a slower pace after a good warmup, then work my way up from there. My goal is to run for around 30m-45m each time. I run about a 10 minute mile so that's about 4 miles = perfect. I'm excited, it's a total rush when you have the right music on and you're pounding out the perfect rythm while running. I also don't have much sickness during exertion so who knows, maybe running and working out will be my "relief" from it at least while I'm doing it.

I know I'm going to feel more sick than this. But I am determined to press through that, because there really isn't anything WRONG with my body, it's just - well, making me feel sick. Boo! I'm hoping though, that maybe, just maybe, the magical cure for me, for my body, will be to go running regularly, do resistance training regularly, and eat mostly raw food.

So far today I have not had anything to eat, I did my workout on an empty stomach and I think next time I'm going to have half a banana or something a little solid to make it feel better. I feel a little weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment